1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Can the D40 fire an SB-600 wireless?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by SalM, Jun 20, 2007.

1. SalM

SalM

May 13, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    I bought an SB-600 for my D40 and want to be able to use it on a flash bracket? Is there a way to setup the D40 to fire the flash wireless? I have the wireless shutter remote for the camera which would make me think it would be able to send the flash signal to the lense?

Can this be achieved? I searched the net and can't seem to find any info?

Thanks
    SalM

2. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    technically, yes... with a Su-4 slave attached to the sb-600... but then you're looking at the price of an sb-800 (which has an SU-4 built in).

3. no, not with iTTL

4. SalM

SalM

May 13, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    Crap, this is a bummer. I wish I would have done my homework. I would have just bought the sb-800... Argggg....

5. yrrek

yrrek Guest

ill sell you my ebay trigger and recievers if u want them. i have your same setup but now ive upgraded cameras so i wont need it anymore. ive never used it.

6. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    edward... for reference, the su-4 mode on the sb-800 detects the strobe from any flash for example... (even any ol'e point and shoot) and from my experience exposes very nicely in all sorts of situations. of course, theres no substitute for the real thing, but it DOES work

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.