Can the photographer do this?

First, it depends on where the suit is filed. Meaning.... what are the copyright laws in the country involved.

Second, anyone can sue anyone for anything. Prevailing in court is one thing. And collecting is another.

Real Name
Andrew
I cannot comment on the issue in the link as I do not have all the facts.

I have done commercial work in the past. The business I was working for was taking "behind the scenes" images of the photoshoot. I wanted to use them on a "How I Got The Shot" blog post.
I (a) asked the photographer and the company for permission to use their images in my post, and (b) I gave credit and full copyright attribution in the blog post to the company and the photographer. I use the term photographer here, even though the images they took were with their iPhone. Matters nothing to me the image making device....those were not my images to appropriate without asking.

No, I'm not famous and the images were of me working....but I want to have a great relationship with the people that I work with and around. It took me no time at all to reach out and have the a few five minute conversations and get email confirmations. I prefer to do my due diligence and work properly, ethically for all involved. That is one of the reasons I get a lot of repeat business. People know that I can be approached and trusted.

I have had 3 that laughed, HA! try and collect HA HA..........45 days I had my money, ha ha.

That's what is know as 'being lucky'.

If they REALLY don't want to pay, they will find a way not to. Some people are professional debt dodgers.

That's what is know as 'being lucky'.
Really?, your shooting from the hip, if your suing a professional debt dodger they won't have money from the beginning, if you know how the system works you can have the upper hand .............. not everyone can hide forever, something has to go in your name sooner or later, beside the 3, I had another one that did take 10 years, as soon as she put money in escrow to buy property , BAM $10K went missing...........oh my!
In this case your suing Bruno Mars, a Brand Name, if the photographer wins collection will be no problem.

Last edited:
Really?, your shooting from the hip, if your suing a professional debt dodger they won't have money from the beginning, if you know how the system works you can have the upper hand .............. not everyone can hide forever, something has to go in your name sooner or later, beside the 3, I had another one that did take 10 years, as soon as she put money in escrow to buy property , BAM $10K went missing...........oh my!
In this case your suing Bruno Mars, a Brand Name, if the photographer wins collection will be no problem.

Let's go back to the original suit listed here.

Have you ever sued someone for copyright infringement, prevailed, and collected?

Didn't think so.

Suing for MONEY OWED is a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE than suing for copyright infringement.

The former is Small Claims. The latter is a federal matter.

you have no idea what litigation I have been in, never lost one and collected everyone, done with this p*ssing match........

Last edited:
Win or Lose- this photographer has created a lot of bad publicity for herself by filing this action.

A lot of people will read the name as a money-grubbing photographer that is exploiting an image of a small child that made it big. That's the only reason for digging a mediocre snap out of the deep-six files, and the only reason why the photograph has any value.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom