Can this guy play or what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff Mims, Mar 28, 2007.

1. With 17.4M views if there is anyone left that hasn't seen this I would be surprised. :confused: :smile:
  2. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Well, I must have been the _last_ guy who hasn't seen it. :smile:
  3. Yes sir, I've seen it and he's good.
  4. Well, I hadn't seen it, but now I have joined "the throng". I think that some of the comments are even better than he is:

"what song is this btw?" - this may be my favorite ...
    "dude your better than hendrix! and i hope you get found! i think you can be up in the top 10-20 guitarists in the world!" - this was pretty good as well, my guess is that a few folks might dispute this astute comment

Yes, he is quite good, who knows how the background was added, and I sure wish him well.

I was in a music store called Lark in the Morning in Seattle with a friend of mine and his son one day. They were looking at Mandolins, I was busy checking to see if they had any decent Digeridoos. As Dave's son was picking on a Mandolin, I said "What good is that if you can't play Stairway to Heaven?". A sales-person overhead this and smiled, and then Dave's son started to play, the whole shop went quiet. Stairway to Heaven is quite interesting when played on a Mandolin .....

Lot's of good folks out there, Youtube opens up a venue for many doesn't it?
  5. haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Pachelbel's Canon in D major is his most famous work and one of my all time favorites. After viewing this video I will never think of it quite the same. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.

6. Wow, that is amazing. The kid is good. Awesome song to play to. Oh and i havent seen it until now, and im an avid YouTube viewer.
  7. Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Agreed :wink:
  8. Well, that's probably the worst version of that piece of music I've ever heard.

9. I will post my version done with forks on tin cups.
  10. That kid certainly has talent. He plays that machine, it doesn't play him. For him to have such talent at this age means he's dedicated to his craft. I wish him well. His playing reminds me of an early Clapton.
  11. 1st time for me seeing it. The kid definately is good!
  12. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    I hadn't seen it either. My "50 something" boss has taken up electric guitar in the past couple of years. I sent him a link.