Can we buy and sell ebooks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Triggaaar, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    Obviously people cannot pass ebooks around as though they have no copyright etc, but if someone has an ebook specific to their camera (for example) and they then decide to sell their camera, can they sell the ebook too?

The reason I'm particularly interested is that I may buy one of Thom's Nikon body ebooks before buying the body (so I can print it and read it on holiday) and if I never buy the associated camera, it would be nice to be able to sell the ebook.

Thanks

2. digitalzed

digitalzed

May 14, 2006
    N. Cal
    From what I can tell, there are no rules specifically stating NO on Nikon Café. However, keeping a copy of the ebook you sold in any form does violate said laws discussed in Thom's books. If you sell an ebook, you sell it just like it was a hard copy, all of it and you don't keep a copy.

3. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    Cool, thanks. Keeping a copy would violate the laws for anyone's book and no doubt people break the rules, but it's good to know that it could be possible when you no longer need something (although I plan on holding onto Jason's ebook on Capture NX).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.