Can you believe how many 2X's B&H sold inside of an hr?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    100k worth in less than an hour! It was an amazing feeding frenzy! :lol:

2. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    I'm not surprised but it would have been nice to know at the time to call in a phone order. The web site has not changed. Still says "coming soon". Not to worry, as they get more in the web site will change to "in stock" and email notifications will go out. I'm calm, I'm cool, nada problem.

Steve- I did make an effort to flush that guy down the drain. I may not have made your point exactly but I knew that you were not putting people down.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks for "watching my six" Larry

I saw what you said, and I appreciate it. I don't know WHERE that guy got the idea I was "ridiculing" & "belittling" ppl! Poke a little fun, may-be, but not that. I think maybe his toupe was stetched on too tight or something!

4. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Sometimes people read and then react too fast. Its like people that hear what they want to hear.

Someone made a good point about B&H and notifications. If they have an item in stock and are getting calls or in store customers, those orders will get serviced right away. Email notifications will follow as an item remains in stock and calls/instore customers are satisfied. It does follow the first come policy so I don't fault them for not making notifications. My day will come one of these days, weeks, months. See how calm I am? Hey, where is that damn emotion that has the wings and halo?

5. $100k worth........

Try $750K worth, over 150 units sold in less than 1/2 hour is what I was told!!! Im in the wrong business...........LOL dont mind me, Im just jealous, Im just a poor banker :cry:

6. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    B&H? Thought they only got 20 units today. I like the idea of 150 units since that will make for a better flow and the sooner we get ours. See how nice, I said we!
    Postings are coming in while I'm typing.

7. Hi Steve,

Unbelievable! I haven't seen any camera sell this fast. I don't even think the D2H or Canons 1Dsmk2 sold like this, have you?

Melissa

8. Breedoni

Breedoni

Jan 27, 2005
    I just got off the phone having "verified"my order with them. The guy I was talking with said that they had a couple hundred that sold yesterday and that they lost sales as a result of people hanging up waiting to get thru to verify there orders. I waited over 50 minutes yesterday and never got thru and didn't get thru today for 20 minutes. BUT it will be here Friday. If someone wants a nice D2H with 15,000 actuations let me know