can you believe i've never really shot color?!

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by DrewC, Jul 10, 2007.

1. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    until now. all i've done with film is black and white. well, this is a couple from my first real roll... with my brand spankin' new (to me) F4s + 60 micro...!

oh, and it was just some Kodak Ultramax... 400... i forgot to pick up film at my shop before we closed up

scanned with an hp all in one... blah... (did okay tho)

"Ribs"
    773218290_9a8d35643e_o.
    "Kristalltag"
    View attachment 105126

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I like the second one a lot. #1 is ok, but lets just say I'm not into pix of some smoking kid leaning against a lamp post, K? :Wink: Even though the color is not as saturated, it does seem to be put to better use in #2. The two images to each side of you (holding your new camera - congrats, they seem to work!) pull your eye, sliding back and forth on the bar above your head. It's a fun picture to linger in, as it's confusing on so many levels.

And the caption under the chick. Heh.

3. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    i keep telling him those things are going to kill him.. (lamp posts)...

thanks for the feedback, i really do like #2 "kristalltag" better... there is a lot going on, and a lot to look at. and of course i'm in it! but yes, my new F4 is workin great, albeit a stupid stepdown ring that wont come off... i'm pickin up a BUNCH of film for the summer, 100+rolls for just as many dollars (cant go wrong eh?) so if anybody needs any interesting (some expired but frozen) film i might have some, but the supply will be depleated quick, i'm tryin to shoot a couple rolls per week at least

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Go for a couple a day! My 60 always has a step-down on it as well. Makes a good makeshift lens shade. Care to explain the title? I couldn't find that word in the picture.

5. Nice colors.

Re the first one: pick your poison. I've long been told both will kill me. The motorcycle/tobacco regulator in my life keeps both to a minimum.

I like the complexity of the second, though there's not enough to cause me to see what the blazes is going on. Might be a good thing.

6. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    well, kristallnacht is german for "night of broken glass" in reference to a certain november 9-10 1938 event where the bad guys ransacked and looted some 8,000 jewish shops, synagogues, and such.

i saw it fitting (since it was day) to replace the "nacht" (night) with "tag" (day)... nothing more than that. no religious comment. just broken glass

7. Hey, not too bad for the first time with color. And, yes #2 is an interesting and intriguing image. There's even a poster there for a band - The Voodoo Glow Skulls - from my hometown! Not that it's my kind of music. Like Chris says, keep shooting a lot of film!

8. DrewC

DrewC

Jan 30, 2007
    Denver, CO
    oh i'll be shooting plenty, its just a matter of paying for processing... even with discounts it sucks... my CF card is way cheaper. thanks for the feedback guys.

where's the band from and what kinda music is it?

9. I like the first one. I also prefer the second one alough I feel it would gain if it was a little bit more abstract.

10. Buswell

Buswell Guest

I like the pic of Matt! :)