Critique Can you handle this?

When an image is largely very dark, my experience is that a lot of monitors don't display the image the way my profiled and calibrated monitor displays it. If the skillet's grill markings in the top left area aren't being subtlely displayed on your monitor, I understand but can't do anything about it.

Setup
The tabletop is black velvet. A flashlight was on the front left. A white reflector fitted with a purple gel was on the rear right.

Mike 2020-06-07--002-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
I’ve been sitting out on my deck since around 4:30 this afternoon, and earlier on my 12.9 iPad Pro I could not see the grill lines in this image due to the brightness of the ambient daylight; now it’s gone dark and I finally can see them. Subtle, indeed! Very interesting image, both with and without being able to see the grill lines/markings.....

Hee, hee......!!!!! Scary how well you guys know me!!!! Actually, this time — No, and instead of grabbing the latest model, tempting as it seemed at first glance, instead I’m making different decisions. This is the 2018 (3rd generation) 12.9 iPad Pro and from what I understand, the new one which was just released a month or two ago doesn’t offer all that many improvements and differences, so I’m hanging on to this guy for a while longer. Right now my priority for disposable income is lenses...... Camera stuff one year, computer stuff another year, etc., etc........

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom