1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Can you smell it?

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by DanielD, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Typical pine forest around Berlin in the summer. Do you know the smell of pine wood on hot summer days? You can virtually smell it by merely looking at it...

354353847_JuJGq-O.
    NIKON D300    ---    34mm    f/5.6    1/160s    ISO 360

:smile:

2. Very nice, Daniel, and quite evocative. You've done a nice job of handling the wide dynamic range inherent in most scenes like this.

3. lovely shot
    and.... i love the smell of pine
    reminds me of Ft. Pierce... on the east coast of florida, where i spent some of my youth

4. Ohhhhhhh yeeeahhhhhhh! I dearly love the smell of pine - so fresh, light, woodsy! Looks like a nice place to walk, read a book, or just enjoy the quiet! Beautifully captured!

5. This is one of the most natural looking HDRs I've seen so far. Great job! :) 

6. Thanks, I'm glad you like the smell/picture. In fact this is a single exposure :smile: (-1eV exposure compensation and shadows pulled up a bit with D-Lighting)).

7. You did a fine job here. Well exposed and no blowout of the sky.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.