Can You tell which cam shot which identical shot?

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Steve S, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    With nothing really better to do, I decided to do this silly little test to see if at this res, anyone can tell the difference between these 2 shots, and which camera took which shot. One was shot with a D2H and a 17-55 f2.8, costing a total of 5k, the other with a D70 & 28-200G, costing just 1.3k Both were shot at same ISOs, similar focal lengths and f-stops. (I did goof 1 thing, one was Center-Weight metered, and the other Matrix). I processed them in PS to look like each other as 1 shot needed a curves adjustment. I also tried to size them them about same.
    So, can you tell them apart?
    Pic 1:
    Pic 2:
    View attachment 5486

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Interesting challenge Steve. The first looks a little more saturated to me, and the second looks a little 'cleaner' to me (whatever that means....;-)).

I'm guessing that #1 is the D70 and #2 is the D2H.

Well??

Frank

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Gonna wait for a few more to guess

To tell you the truth, I almost forgot myself! See, I did the sneaky "Save For Web" in PS thing this time, and wiped out all the Exif data. :D

4. focus is a little sharper on 1 and the saturation just a tad more. I think 1 is the D2h and 2 is the D70.

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    1 right answer, 1 wrong

Sry flew, but the 1st shot is from the D2H/17-55 F2.8, and the second shot is from the D70/28-200G. Just trying to prove (and convince myself), that at this web size, there's very little difference. That little 28-200G DOES need a lot of light for it though!

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Well OK, that was my first impression. I just thought you were trying to trick us some how.... :p