Canada Day! (Fireworks)

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by lexiticus, Jul 1, 2007.

1. I got an early start! Fireworks started on Saturday for me, so 12:01 comes along and I figured, Hey its Canada day! lets get the posts started!

So heres a few! All taken with the Sigma 10-20mm, Which is a really good lens for fireworks! I submitted 4 of these pics to my Local paper, Figured I would get a jump start and see if I can get paid for em. I doubt it, but Its worth a shot, and I've never done it before!

I shot RAW (Which I NEVER do) Because I wanted to be able to change the WB, but they came out quite accurate anyway. I'm bad with RAW though, so any nasty noise is probably my fault.

dsc_7929.

dsc_7949.

dsc_7968.

dsc_7969.

dsc_7976.

dsc_7977.

2. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Wow! I think you did a great job and hope mine come out this good!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent
    You had a great background also
    Well done

4. #4 came out really good. Nice boats! :wink:

5. DJ Matt

DJ Matt Guest

great shots, I really like the first one

6. Cool, nice job at getting the trails as they went up.

7. You did get an early start, well done.

8. Update, I just Sold #4 to the local newspaper, for a pittance really, But at least its front page and I get my name by it!

These were just a small local municipality launching them (hence why a day early), The greater municipality Had to cancel theirs, because the guy responsible for launching the fireworks lost his Electronic harness to time the fireworks too! (might have been stolen, but they aren't sure)

9. I like #4 the best. I think it would have been a neat picture without the fireworks as well. Neat boats. Great series.

10. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Cool, congrats! I will have to contact my local paper to see if they want mine!

11. Very nice series, and congratulations on getting published.

12. Cabrams

Cabrams Guest

very good job, a different view from the typical fireworks shots. I like it.