Canada Geese doing Canada Geese things.

Real Name
Bill
Beautiful Morning at a local pond.

PP Geese and Goslings 4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Canada Goose Incoming.jpg

GIF.jpg

These are just lovely!!!! I am sad that apparently this year on our little lake we aren't going to have goslings......no sign of them although I've seen pairs of geese drifting around from time to time just recently, and earlier a couple of times had seen a solo male on the lake so I guessed that he was keeping watch over his mate on the nest. However.....time has passed and apparently nothing good has happened. Usually right around Mother's Day in the US, certainly at least by the end of the second week in May, we do see wee ones paddling along behind their parents, but not this time. Yesterday I did witness and hear a rather loud disagreement between two pairs of geese, with lots of honking and aggressive body language when swimming towards each other, but no goslings were in sight so presumably defending newly-hatched offspring wasn't the cause of the conflict. I was lucky in years past but not last year and not this year as far as experiencing the joy of seeing new young life on our lake......

Real Name
Bill
These are just lovely!!!! I am sad that apparently this year on our little lake we aren't going to have goslings......no sign of them although I've seen pairs of geese drifting around from time to time just recently, and earlier a couple of times had seen a solo male on the lake so I guessed that he was keeping watch over his mate on the nest. However.....time has passed and apparently nothing good has happened. Usually right around Mother's Day in the US, certainly at least by the end of the second week in May, we do see wee ones paddling along behind their parents, but not this time. Yesterday I did witness and hear a rather loud disagreement between two pairs of geese, with lots of honking and aggressive body language when swimming towards each other, but no goslings were in sight so presumably defending newly-hatched offspring wasn't the cause of the conflict. I was lucky in years past but not last year and not this year as far as experiencing the joy of seeing new young life on our lake......
We had a bad year last year with no Goslings so I feel your pain.

The year that a mother goose established her nest right under the boardwalk near my building I really struck gold......I visited her daily, hung over the railing and chatted with her and although I didn't get to see the goslings actually hatching, I did come along shortly thereafter that particular special day and saw the wee ones still trying to figure out this whole new world into which they'd arrived...... Got some nice photos that year, and I'll always cherish them.

One other year we had a couple of big families of geese, and it was fun seeing the families together with their offspring......

Some years are just better than others. I have the uncomfortable suspicion that possibly this time there were indeed eggs in the nest, and perhaps even a few hatchlings, but that one or more predators in residence around the lake swooped down and took them away even before they'd had a chance to get into the lake to go swimming with their parents......

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom