Canadian Rockies skyline after sunset (southern Alberta)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Chad Gladstone, Aug 11, 2005.

1. This is actually a stitch of three frames I took off my parents roof in turbulent wind conditions. I don't know why it fell apart when I resized it for web - but it will give you some understanding of the majesty of the night sky. The image was taken with the D70/24-120 VR @ 120mm - 1/5s and underexposed a full stop to try and preserve highlights.
    [​IMG]
    One more zoomed in:
    [​IMG]

2. Very dramatic sky and colors Chad!
    Wish you had taken a few more on the right and left and create a wider pano, though... ;-)

3. One never tires of sunsets and I am always in awe at the variety of colors. Well done Chad.

4. Actually, I cropped out half the pixel width.

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Awesome shot, Chad! Great capture!