Cancelled Ritz Order D700

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by tiny123, Jul 25, 2008.

1. They called me to confirm my order to be shipped on MONDAY!! after i paid 40 bucks to have it shipped on Friday for a Saturday delivery. I canceled, this is the 2nd time they have done this to me.

Ill get it on Monday from B&H.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2008
  2. Good for you. This is why I no longer purchase anything from Ritz/Wolf/etc.

3. Yeah i have to say there wont be a third time from Ritz with me.

4. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    Really? You didn't get an email saying that it was shipped today? They called you to tell you it would go on Monday?

5. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Good for you. Your wallet is the only way to convey this is not acceptable. There are too many excellent dealers who will give you first rate customer service.

6. I heard from Ritz last week said it was coming into the warehouse this week, and never got a call. I did get a call when I ordered to confirm my billing info. Haven't heard from them since.

7. That's too bad, I've been pretty lucky with Ritz with my D200 and D300 order.

8. Ally,

You should have gotten it from Berger Bros Camera in Amityville. They shipped it today and it was available for pickup.

JCA

9. Hi Jeremy,

I usually deal with them, Berger Brothers in Syosset, but there is always a waiting list. I was away when I heard the d700 rumor was real and then ordered late at night when I was able to get to a computer. I also thought I would never be on the first supply list from Ritz, but I just read my junk mail and found the email from Ritz saying it was shipped today. I went straight to my junk mail to check after reading the posts here and posting myself. Thanks.

10. By the way, Horay !!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooooo excited.

11. So BHPhoto actually had some in stock that weren't already claimed? How in the world did you manage to snag that one?

12. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I'm a fan of B&H!!!!

13. smodak

smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    they still have it stock...

14. I can bag one on Sunday morning from the main store or, ill just go to Berger Bros (45 min drive) but i will never ever give my money to a company that tries to decieve people into thinking they have a product and then after taking your money lie to you and tell you that they have to ship it due to a credit authorizing problem. There was no problem, i called discover card and told them i purchased the camera and everything was set.

Homey dont play that.

If you dont have it then dont sell it.

15. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    It's not only that, but the fact they charged you the $40 for early shipping. It's like charging everyone for guaraneed next day delivery, sending everything standard and refunding the extra for those that don't get it the next day (given that some will even with standard delivery) - dam cheek.

16. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    Sorry you had a bad experience, seems like there are many other people who have had a positive one with Ritz.

Sometimes "**** happens". In any case, I'd avoid paying the taxes if you can and also try to order from someone who might have an online rebate from ebates or jellyfish.

17. PWPhoto

PWPhoto

Jul 21, 2006
    San Diego
    if it makes you feel better I did the same order you did and I will receive it tomorrow.

Service Type: FedEx Priority Overnight Ship Date: 07/25/2008
    Scan Activity: Date/Time:
    Left FedEx Origin Location 01 TOPEKA KS US 07/25/2008 18:43
    Picked up by FedEx 08 TOPEKA KS US 07/25/2008 15:11

18. It's not about the 250.00 ima save, its about being decietful, look, i own about 30,000.00 in camera gear, getting the D700 a week later isnt going to kill me.

I can wait for it, i kinda had my a*s open when i thought i was going to get it hand delivered on Sat. I made sure i waited unitl i got the confo email to call them and i did at 1 am and called my CC company to advise them i had made a big purchase. Everything was DONE.

I knew the call today at 4pm from Ditz (ritz) was going to be bad.

This is the 2nd time. so its not about getting it, its about being a happy little boy on xmas morning and not getting the shiney red bike.

19. Wow! I thought for sure this camera would be backordered until Christmas. I can't believe there are actually unclaimed units sitting on store shelves. Is this camera not selling like Nikon planned?

20. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    Not sure, but if something was planned perfectly, shops wouldn't all be out of stock. That would be a supply failure. The economy has been hit though, so maybe sales will be less than expected.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.