Cancer update

Real Name
Phil
We are going through the same treatment plan. Just different drug names. One is generic the other is brand name. Keep up the good fight. Stay positive. My oncologist was a lot more optimistic than when we laid out the treatment plan. Back then he said I had a 42% chance of living another 4 years. Now he is looking at a full cure. This is coming from one of the doctors who pioneered the treatment. He is the head of uro-oncology at MD Anderson in Houston.
Are you seeing Nizar Tannir? He is one of the best.

Are you seeing Nizar Tannir? He is one of the best.
I sure am. I really like him. I am fortunate to have had the medical team that has been taking care of me. Dr. Jose Karam was the urology surgeon. I don’t know the name of the thoracic surgeon but he did a great job of removing most of the thrombosis and doing other vascular work.

Real Name
Tony Saya
We are going through the same treatment plan. Just different drug names. One is generic the other is brand name. Keep up the good fight. Stay positive. My oncologist was a lot more optimistic than when we laid out the treatment plan. Back then he said I had a 42% chance of living another 4 years. Now he is looking at a full cure. This is coming from one of the doctors who pioneered the treatment. He is the head of uro-oncology at MD Anderson in Houston.
Thanks for the response we are working with Dr at NYC Sloan who has recommended this treatment plan unfortunately we got bumped out due to high liver enzymes now we are just starting back up this week. We are staying positive we have lots of local support and fighting the battle every day. Sounds like your program is working great wish you the best.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have beaten cancer. I had scans on Monday and met with the oncologist Tuesday. The scans showed the abdomen and lungs were clear of all cancer. All that is left is 3 more immunotherapy treatments and one set of scans. I will be finished with all treatments in January. I cannot say enough about the quality of care I received at MD Anderson.

I only wish Randy had beaten cancer. I would have liked to have been able to meet him. I think I would have liked him.

I have set a new goal now that I have achieved beating cancer. That is to get back out to Brazos Bend SP and start building up endurance again. I want to be back on the trails birding and taking photos.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I just wanted to let everyone know that I have beaten cancer. I had scans on Monday and met with the oncologist Tuesday. The scans showed the abdomen and lungs were clear of all cancer. All that is left is 3 more immunotherapy treatments and one set of scans. I will be finished with all treatments in January. I cannot say enough about the quality of care I received at MD Anderson.

I only wish Randy had beaten cancer. I would have liked to have been able to meet him. I think I would have liked him.

I have set a new goal now that I have achieved beating cancer. That is to get back out to Brazos Bend SP and start building up endurance again. I want to be back on the trails birding and taking photos.
This is fantastic news. Congratulations!

This is great news which we are all glad to hear. I'm also glad to hear that you will be getting back into exercise; that will surely give you a new lease on life.

This is great news which we are all glad to hear. I'm also glad to hear that you will be getting back into exercise; that will surely give you a new lease on life.
I am really looking forward to getting back out. When we were in the Natchez area a few weeks ago, I noticed my stamina has improved from March when we went down to the Rio Grande Valley. I want to prepare to go to Big Bend NP during late winter / early spring. Brazos Bend SP will be a good starting place. It has great trails and wildlife.

Great news! It's tough being oncologists and it's this kind of news that keep us going.
Yeah, Dr. T was really excited about passing on the news. He was running really late for his appointments yesterday. I suspect he was spending more time with patients more deserving of his time. It must really be tough to deliver the diagnosis at the beginning. Those have to be hard days.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom