1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Candid Shots ~ Santa Monica Part 1

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by 57corvette, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Thought there were too many photos for one thread, so I broke it up into two parts.

2721259278_b0cfe487bc_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ferriswheel.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 237443

View attachment 237444

View attachment 237445

View attachment 237446

View attachment 237447

View attachment 237448

Regards,

2. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Bob...excellent series! I can't get enough of it!

3. Went thru them three times. Going back for a forth look. Great captures wonderful PP

4. i just don't now you do it
    amazing post-processing

ummmmmm
    but, in image #5
    the legs on that gal... they DO scare me a bit... :eek: 

no offense intended... sort of

5. Larry, Steve, Greg,

Thank you gentleman ........ appreciate your looking. Greg ........ well, I have to take all kinds of photos of women. If I just took the great looking ones, my wife wouldn't ever let me go to the beach ..... Thanks again.

Regards,

6. LOL
    i know EXACTLY what you mean

7. jaikdee

jaikdee

Feb 25, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Great pictures! Glad to see the new ferris wheel. Have to get down there soon.
    Janet

8. Janet,

Thanks for looking .... yeah, ferris wheel is up and running ....... I think they sold the old one on e-bay.

Greg,

When I shot the muscle girls at Venice Beach ... my wife had a fit........ maybe because I stayed so long.:frown:

Regards,

9. veloman

veloman

Aug 22, 2007
    ,UK
    #4 does it for me Bob,photographing people 'off guard' can produce a veritable hive of interest.

V.

10. Thanks V ..... I really liked that guy. Sitting there with his shoes off just cracked me up. Thanks for looking ....

Regards,

11. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Awesome stuff! Your post processing is the "BOMB" Truly awesome. Keep em coming!

12. Very nice! Are these processed with HDR or Dragonizing or something? They look different....

13. Thanks Sanford .... really appreicte your input.

Connie, thanks for looking. These are processed with LucisArt filter and then a vignette is added. Thanks aging for looking.

Regards,

14. Another nice set Bob, especially #1 and 4. I love the PP, it always makes me look a little longer.

15. Thanks larry .......... appreciate your looking and input.

Regards,

16. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Bob (or anyone), I looked into the LuicsArt filter and they say it's a plug-in for Photoshop. I just use NX2 and (my UN-tech savvy shows here), and was wondering if it would work on NX2 or if I need Photoshop?

Thanx in advance!

17. Larry

I'm sorry, I don't have the answer. I think there is a Lucis that is a stand alone product. They just introduced new products, so I'm not really sure. You can go the the Lucis website and send an e-mail to them asking that question. Barbara has been pretty quick in returning answers .......

Best,

18. Stephan54

Stephan54

May 13, 2006
    Netherlands
    Very nice indeed. Most brought a big smile to my face.

19. Bob, great series!
    Lots of colorful photo ops!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

20. Stephan, Virginia,

Thanks for looking .........it's an old post that has made it's way around again.

Best,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.