Candid Shots ~ Santa Monica Part 2

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by 57corvette, Aug 8, 2008.

1. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Mountains of the Moon...If that guy's hair was black I would swear he was Jerry!

2. Love the first five. Not a fan of the modifications to the last two, but that's just my preference. Too far out for me.

3. Larry, Anthony,

I appreciate your looking. Antony, just having a little fun with those last two ..... I realize it's not for everyone, but I really appreciate your input and thoughts.

Regards,

4. raygun

raygun

Nov 17, 2007
    USA
    Awesome take on Sta. Monica

Been there, and your images capture what you feel when you really peel back the glossy finish of those beaches. May I ask what you used to create those effects. Is it something like Photomatix or a filter, or do you do it by hand in PS or the like....?

5. great, bob
    just like Part 1

always fantastic images to share with us

6. aaephoto

aaephoto

Jun 24, 2008
    New Zealand
    love these series, thanks for sharing bob

7. Greg, Alvin,

Appreciate your looking and kind comments ..... thank you.

Raygun,

Thank you for your nice comments ....... the illustrated look is from a filter called LucisArt. The rest of the look was done in CS3 or Paint Shop Pro XI.

Thanks again for looking ...... really appreciated.

Regards,

8. veloman

veloman

Aug 22, 2007
    ,UK
    #1 for me in this set Bob.I dont know what you do to these photographs but it very very effective and inviting,Lovely work,thanks.

V.

PS I really must get to grips with this photography software ,it appears to be limitless in its application.All I have is what came with the camera.

9. Thanks V ......... appreciate it. I took that guys photo because he looks a lot like my wifes dad. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Best,

10. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    I am not normally a fan of "heavy" post processing, but yours always pique my interest. I really like these, and have enjoyed your others (diner, Santa Monica police on the boardwalk, etc.)

11. Fred, I reaslly appreciate your feedback. I know my style is not for everyone, so I appreciate you taking the time to look and write.

Best,

12. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Excellent series!!! I enjoy viewing your work.

13. Mark,

Thanks so much ........ appreciate your looking.

Regards,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.