1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Candid Shots ~ Venice Beach

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by 57corvette, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Another wonderful series of VB candids. I look forward to each and every one. I see a coffee table book in the making!

2. Bob....
    just like anthony said above

these images need to be in a book
    i love what you've done here
    your unique post-processing "perspective" is refreshing to no end

wow
    really

3. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi bob-

love the bball shot. i spent a few hours at venice beach a few years ago having fun shooting the bbal players. thanks for sharing your photos.

ricky

4. liftoff

liftoff

Dec 21, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Amazing style - a real pleasure to look at!

5. mcfun61

mcfun61 Guest

very nice!

6. Thanks Bob

Wonderful shots and PP. Which is the question what did you do? Spent lots of happy times at Venice B.
    Bob

7. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    I can see some Lucis Art work here. I love all of these.

8. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Excellant series Bob, the Boat photo is awesome.

9. Really enjoyed the whole set. Great style.

10. Gigantos

Gigantos Guest

I love your application of HDR. Great subject matter too. Very cool.

11. 151proof

151proof

Jun 6, 2008
    SD
    Nice! I really enjoyed the set, thnks

12. Thank you to all who have looked and left comments ........ much appreciated. I'm always apprehensive of posting photos here that have been post process ..... I know not everyone likes this style so I appreciate the fact that I can post them here and not get slammed for it. Thanks again for looking.

Best,

13. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Bob - I also shoot with a D-80. I have never gotten colors, contrast like you have here. I love the colors. Would you mind sharing camera settings or post processing techniques. Once again I really like what you have done.

14. lchrismunos

lchrismunos

Jun 28, 2006
    Arkansas
    Love the PP Bob. Great set.

15. Chris, Gary,

Thanks for looking ... much appreciated.

Gary,

When PP, I usually boot the saturation a little and the contrast. Try boosting the saturation by 9-12 and see how it looks. You can also try levels and curves. I hope that helps .... if not, send me a PM.

Regards,

16. Bob, these are excellent. I don't see a reason to be "slammed" for these at all. IMO, the processing makes the shot. Whether you did them in B&W, HDR, Lucis Art, etc. It really doesn't matter. Please post more, and maybe share a bit of what you used to process them. Fantastic series.

17. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Bob,

I am totally captivated by your images and post processing. I look forward to future posting from you. No reason to be apprehensive about posting, your work speaks for its self. Thanks for sharing!!!!

18. aaephoto

aaephoto

Jun 24, 2008
    New Zealand
    I love this set, love the colors

19. Rich, Mark, Alvin

Thanks for looking and your kind comments .......... I hope I didn't imply people here were harsh. They have been very supportive and kind. I just try to acknowledge that this kind of PP is not everyone's taste .... and perhaps because these are suppose to be candid shots, maybe the PP would not be welcomed. I'm appreciate that it is well accepted.

Best,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.