Candid Sniper strikes again...

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, May 4, 2007.

1. Good evening everyone,

I went back to my roots so to speak and shot a surprise 60th birthday party for a friend's mom over the weekend. During the day, I was able to take some candids that I enjoy more than anything else.

Here are a few that I liked. Comments always welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. These are great Keith! I especially like #3. :smile:

3. Thanks Gretchen!! I could shoot candids all day in a room full of people. I've never been a fan of the "say cheese" shots... :biggrin:

4. GlenF

GlenF Guest

Excellent Keith! Candids can capture the essence of a person. What lense/lighting?

5. MurphyD

MurphyD

Jan 17, 2007
    South Texas
    Keith,
    I love to do the same thing. Even when they are mugging for the camera they are loving it too.
    And these are great.
    David

6. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Super, natural looking! Hehe...they look great man.

7. Keith I just love your work, so natural..

8. Hey Glen,

I think most of these were with the 70-200, and 28-70, and maybe one shot with the 85 1.4... Lighting was an sb800 on a bracket bounced off the ceiling. Thank you for commenting!!

Thanks David! I would rather shoot candids over anything, and I think it shows in my images - at least I hope it does. :biggrin:

Thank you Joshua!!!

I appreciate that Eric!! Thanks alot!

9. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Keith your pictures are always so right on...love the expressions you captured...and that no easy task. Good job buddy!

10. Delightful candids Keith. The poses are good and they look happy.

11. BryanSpeed

BryanSpeed

Feb 20, 2007
    N. Texas
    very well done, I must say, I was thinking, these would be a standard for me to emulate if I were doing the same :)

12. hehe #3 is cute.

13. That's the Keith I know! Nice shots Keith. #2,3, 5 and 6 are great.

14. Thanks alot!! I really appreciate the feedback!! I've had some great teachers here!

Thanks Gordon. It was definitely a happy occasion, and everyone seemed to have a great time.

That's one of the best compliments I've received. Thanks so much!!! Get out there and shoot!!

Thanks Laura!!

Hey Roy, thanks alot!!!

15. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Very nice work! There is something special about your candids. Your subjects always look relaxed and natural.

16. Thanks Fred! It can take a while sometimes....I find myself keeping the camera aimed at a person for quite some time, waiting for the right time. I'm very fortunate - I get lucky alot!!

17. Keith,

You know how to pick your subjects and how to wait for the right moment: great candids here!