Candids at the lake...

I've been using the 80-200 for birding, but it's a little short for the job, even with the Kenko 1.4x teleconverter.
I left it off today, since I was shooting shorebirds, but they stayed out of range, and I only managed to catch one
shot of a bird in flight.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was about to leave when I spotted some mammals... a brother and sister enjoying nature. The 80-200
allowed me to take some candids from a respectable distance without disturbing them.

View attachment 5268
View attachment 5269
View attachment 5270
View attachment 5271
View attachment 5272

As a sidenote, there was a little kid intently watching the interplay between the two siblings. He was with
his grandpa, and clearly envied their companionship. I think he felt a little sad that his parents hadn't given
him a little brother or sister to play with.

View attachment 5273

Thanks, Gordon! I applied a "glamorizing" effect to this series of pictures to give them a romantic feel.
It's a lot different than normal Nikon colors. Here's a shot without the effect, for comparison purposes.
Which treatment do you like better?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

UncleFrank said:
Thanks, Gordon! I applied a "glamorizing" effect to this series of pictures to give them a romantic feel.
It's a lot different than normal Nikon colors. Here's a shot without the effect, for comparison purposes.
Which treatment do you like better?
I have always been a big fan of vivid colors and used to shoot Vervia in my film days. These are fun images and I like the "glamourizing effect.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom