Candids

Discussion in 'People' started by dbirdsong, Sep 28, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I really haven't had much time over the last week to post much here, my sister passed away (which while un-expected, it was a blessing as she is no longer in pain) and these are from the luncheon after the funeral last Saturday.

All pictures were taken with a D70 and Nikon 28-200 ED IF-G, SB800.

[​IMG]

I am not sure if which version I like better the color of the black and white.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. So sorry to hear about your sister, Dave. These candids came out very well. Your sister would be proud. I am too. These are great! :smile:

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. Very sorry for your loss.

To me, these photos represent life going on, as it does.

4. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I too offer my sympathy at this terrible time.

5. Michael

Michael

Jun 30, 2005
    Mid-Michigan
    My condolences. I too lost a family member about six weeks ago and even when expected it leaves a very empty feeling. Fortunately for me my daughter and her husband gave me a granddaughter the same day as my brothers passing. BTW, the young lady in the photos is gorgeous. You definitely captured her smile. Very nice job...

6. Hey Dave - I'm really sorry to hear about your sister. I looked at the pictures before I read what you'd written about her dying. Two totally different feelings - a pretty happy vibe is shown in the pictures - but the news about your sister isn't happy at all. Condolences, man.

7. Sorry for your loss, Dave. The pictures are very good candids indeed.

8. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks everyone for your Condolences... Annette had been sick for a number of years, but we rather shocked that in 7 hours that she would get an infection in her lung and be dead.
    While I miss her, she is in a much better place than her now.

To me these pictures show a lot of the love her family had for her.
    This young lady isn't related at all to our family, but her mother was taken in by my sister when she was 17 and expecting. Lisa's parent disowned her and Annette became that loving second mom to her.
    To show how much that affected her she lives 650 miles away and drove in just to be there.
    [​IMG]

I think the best part about these pictures were the smiles they brought to my brother in law and mom when I gave them to them.

9. Hi Dave,

Very emotional images and story. Condolences on the loss of your sister, but what loving memories you will retain. And to that end, these photos will surely help.

Thank you for sharing.

Best wishes,

David

10. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

thanks David.. I was talking to my sister in law tonight and she said that seeing these pics on my website had made this week a lot easier for her and my brother.
    I know it has helped me a lot too.

I guess you can never have enough pictures of loved ones.

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice candids, Dave. The sweet faces of young people give hope even when times are sad. My condolences for your lose.