1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

cannon beach, or

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by wembley, Jul 31, 2009.

1. wembley

wembley

Mar 26, 2006
    Naples, Fl
    On vacation in Portland, Or and spent an evening towards sunset at Cannon Beach, Or for sunset. As well as the regular sunset pictures I lucked upon a man and a dog in silhouette, so i tried a few variations of silhouette pictures.

DSC_1091.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_1112.jpg

DSC_1114.jpg

DSC_1121.jpg

DSC_1150.jpg

I think the first still has the most impact even though it was 'lucky' where as the rest were scouted.

cheers
    wembley

2. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Very nice and atmospheric :smile:
    I like the novelty "man bag" in shot 1 :biggrin:

3. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Love Em All !! Excellent!

4. Fabulous series. Great color and mood. First shot is simply amazing. It captures the spirit of the place. Very nice photography. Enjoyed looking!

5. Hammster

Hammster

Apr 24, 2007
    San Diego, Ca.
    I like the shot of the surfer carrying his board. It shows the end of the day in 2 ways. The sun setting and him leaving. Great mood on that one.

6. jerryshenk

jerryshenk

Jan 8, 2009
    PA
    I'm with Mike - #3 is a very cool shot...end of the day. I could see that hanging on the wall in my beach house...if I had one;) 

7. I like the last one. The silhouette has a "cool 70's bell bottom funk" look to it. Interesting contrast to the reflected sunset.

Whew!!!.....I have to lay off those peyote buttons!!??!!??

Rob

8. AllThumz

AllThumz

Feb 24, 2009
    Albany, Oregon
    Those are terrific pictures. What a great way to end the day!

Regards,
    John

9. SeeNoEvil

SeeNoEvil

Jul 1, 2008
    Bay Area
    great shots! i was there last summer and i loved it! thanks for sharing.

10. neimac

neimac

May 26, 2008
    Idaho
    Awesome pictures I am heading to Cannon Beach next month and I am so looking forward to it.

11. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    The 1st, 2nd and 3rd shots are great! Nice captures!

12. wembley

wembley

Mar 26, 2006
    Naples, Fl
    All:

thanks for all the comments.

1: Was pure luck and out of 3 or 4 frames the dog tugging the Frisbee had the most impact. I really liked the shadow play on this one.

2: Was set up by getting my son to throw a frisbee. 2 or 3 attempts with this being the nicest.

3: The best of several attempts to get an "end of the day" shot. The surfers kept on coming in behind me!

4: Surfers were still heading out, but liked the sie of the people against Haystack rock.

5: Was waiting for the sun to pass behind the rock when this girl started to walk by. The tripod was low so did not look into the viewfinder but fired 2 images when I thought she was in the frame. Of the 2 the images I felt this one her body position and shadow really mirrored the rock.

thanks again and its a beautiful place to visit.

cheers
    wembley

13. Guest-004

Guest-004 Guest

Mar 11, 2008
    SE Pennsylvania
    What a lovely evening! The first one is great! The "lucky" shots are always the best.

14. These are great. #2 and #4 are my faves.

15. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Wembly,
    Very nice series of shots. I agree with the others about the 3rd being special, but they're all very good.
    Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.