cannon beach, or

On vacation in Portland, Or and spent an evening towards sunset at Cannon Beach, Or for sunset. As well as the regular sunset pictures I lucked upon a man and a dog in silhouette, so i tried a few variations of silhouette pictures.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think the first still has the most impact even though it was 'lucky' where as the rest were scouted.

cheers
wembley

B

Bright Angel

Very nice and atmospheric :smile:
I like the novelty "man bag" in shot 1 :biggrin:

Fabulous series. Great color and mood. First shot is simply amazing. It captures the spirit of the place. Very nice photography. Enjoyed looking!

I like the shot of the surfer carrying his board. It shows the end of the day in 2 ways. The sun setting and him leaving. Great mood on that one.

I'm with Mike - #3 is a very cool shot...end of the day. I could see that hanging on the wall in my beach house...if I had one;)

I like the last one. The silhouette has a "cool 70's bell bottom funk" look to it. Interesting contrast to the reflected sunset.

Whew!!!.....I have to lay off those peyote buttons!!??!!??

Rob

Awesome pictures I am heading to Cannon Beach next month and I am so looking forward to it.

All:

thanks for all the comments.

1: Was pure luck and out of 3 or 4 frames the dog tugging the Frisbee had the most impact. I really liked the shadow play on this one.

2: Was set up by getting my son to throw a frisbee. 2 or 3 attempts with this being the nicest.

3: The best of several attempts to get an "end of the day" shot. The surfers kept on coming in behind me!

4: Surfers were still heading out, but liked the sie of the people against Haystack rock.

5: Was waiting for the sun to pass behind the rock when this girl started to walk by. The tripod was low so did not look into the viewfinder but fired 2 images when I thought she was in the frame. Of the 2 the images I felt this one her body position and shadow really mirrored the rock.

thanks again and its a beautiful place to visit.

cheers
wembley

Wembly,
Very nice series of shots. I agree with the others about the 3rd being special, but they're all very good.
Mike

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom