Cannon Beach

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by PixelPete, Jan 4, 2006.

1. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

This first one was my entry photo on the Cafe but I downloaded CS2 to see what I've been missing.Then my girlfriend Visa and I went shopping and came home with a new MAC to boot. She is so good to me. I think I can finally see what my photos should or could look like.For what Im doing Im not sure "yet" if $650 dollar software is needed but I'll keep working at it and see if I cant live without it.Just a tad bit more and Id have a D200...hummmm?

[​IMG]

The second version.
    [​IMG]

Both shot with the 50mm 1.8

2. Both are nice, Pete, but the 1st one is especially nice!! Is this far from where you live?

3. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Thanks Kevin,I can be there in an hour and a half leaving early to beat the herd on weekends.
    Im an early riser anyways so it just feels natural to leave in the dark.I always try and be there for the sunrise if I can but even if its forecasted sunny for the day that last 1 miles from forest to ocean waves can often be cloudy and remain like that all day.Its one of those your "so close but yet so far" things on the Pacific NW coast. Driving with fingers and toes crossed if you know what I mean hopeing for good light.

4. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Pete, lovely. I am down in SoCal and thinking of moving to OR. We have the June gloom through most of the summer - it can be 95 on the hill where I live just 10 miles from the ocean, and never get above 60 at Malibu with overcast and fog all day.

5. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Hi Patrickh, I know exactly what your saying only up here its not quite that hot most times thankfully! I went down 101 one summer to LA and it was 20 degrees hotter just a few miles inland all the way down CA.
    We have been 3 weeks with constant rain so keep that in mind,east of the Cascades its much dyer though. Jungle gloom,I like that one. LOL
    Thank You