1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cannot re size the iTunes Window

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by RecalcitrantRon, Aug 7, 2009.

1. So I open up iTunes for the first time on my MacBook and the window is so big, that the size adjustment corner is off the bottom of the screen while the top of the window is as high as it can go. Normally, you would just hit the green plus button, but in iTunes that makes a mini player appear. Any idea how to adjust the window?

I figured it out. I decreased the screen resolution to get the entire window on the screen. Then resided the window to make is smaller. Then reset the screen resolution.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  2. IsamuM

IsamuM Not-quite- Moderator

Jan 11, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    This is one of my pet peeves with the Apple OS. In Windows, you can grab any corner or any edge of a window to resize it. Apple needs to do this, too.

3. SmilesLots

SmilesLots Guest

Go to your system preferences, choose displays, and change the screen resolution to a smaller size. In my case I had just added a different display - a 1920x1080. So I picked 1600x1200. Once I had the window small enough to fit the screen, I changed the display back to the native resolution.

4. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Yep that's what he said he did :tongue:

As much as I love Apple there are some things sometimes that could work like they're supposed to, or like you'd want them to.

5. I just don't understand what can only be characterized as a stubborn refusal to allow windows to be resized from any side or at least corner. Clearly OSX has the capability to do this so why not do it?

6. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Maybe Snow Leopard …*nah don't think so

7. It's after the fact, and not a substitution for resize-anywhere functionality, but: all well-behaved OS X apps should have a "Zoom" menu item in their "Window" menu that will resize the frontmost window to the full screen size. This will also have the effect of zooming down if it's too big to fit on the window.

Saves a trip to the System Prefs at least.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.