Canola field

This is the Canola field adjacent our little town. It is in full bloom and quite colours up the town for a few days.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's beautiful! And I just misidentified a canola field in this week's Collective Shoot.:eek:
It is beautiful....and the plants in this shot look just like the ones in my shot in the collective shoot, so maybe it was canola. If it was a canola field it wasn't managed very well. But this shot is very nice.

This has been a phenomenal year for Canola up here. Fields on the Camas prairie of north central Idaho peaked around Memorial day, and we've just seen the last of the yellow out here last week. Very nicely captured Jack. I'm determined to catch the bloom next year!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's beautiful! And I just misidentified a canola field in this week's Collective Shoot.:eek:
Thanks. Canola is also sometimes referred to as Rapeseed. There is a small town in Saskatchewan, Tisdale, that had a slogan that referred to the town as the "Land of Rape and Honey". Apparently they changed it due to misinterpretations.

It is beautiful....and the plants in this shot look just like the ones in my shot in the collective shoot, so maybe it was canola. If it was a canola field it wasn't managed very well. But this shot is very nice.
Thank you.

This has been a phenomenal year for Canola up here. Fields on the Camas prairie of north central Idaho peaked around Memorial day, and we've just seen the last of the yellow out here last week. Very nicely captured Jack. I'm determined to catch the bloom next year!
Thanks. There are lots of fields here in full bloom right now.

Very nice!
Thank you.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom