1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Canola field

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by jirel, Jul 13, 2019 at 6:52 PM.

1. This is the Canola field adjacent our little town. It is in full bloom and quite colours up the town for a few days.

_JHI2150.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  2. That's beautiful! And I just misidentified a canola field in this week's Collective Shoot.:eek: 

3. It is beautiful....and the plants in this shot look just like the ones in my shot in the collective shoot, so maybe it was canola. If it was a canola field it wasn't managed very well. But this shot is very nice.

4. This has been a phenomenal year for Canola up here. Fields on the Camas prairie of north central Idaho peaked around Memorial day, and we've just seen the last of the yellow out here last week. Very nicely captured Jack. I'm determined to catch the bloom next year!

5. Thanks. Canola is also sometimes referred to as Rapeseed. There is a small town in Saskatchewan, Tisdale, that had a slogan that referred to the town as the "Land of Rape and Honey". Apparently they changed it due to misinterpretations.

Thank you.

Thanks. There are lots of fields here in full bloom right now.

Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.