Canon Flash on Nikon?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by emidyl, May 20, 2007.

1. emidyl

emidyl

Jan 28, 2007
    GTA
    Just wondering if anyone has tried this with any success or had certain settings they used.
    When I got my D200 the salesperson told me I could still use my 430 but with about 4 stops over exp.
    Basically useless but possible in a pinch I suppose if you didn't have a Nikon unit.
    The Canon unit is missing a couple contact points though.
    I did try it for about 3-5 exposures with various settings and varying results.

If there would be potential problems would it be with over voltage damaging the flash?

2. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    there shouldnt be a voltage problem with the 430ex, you jsut have to use it in manual mode.

3. emidyl

emidyl

Jan 28, 2007
    GTA
    That's what it looks like. I guess if any compatibility issues did arise it would have shown up immediately as frying seems to be the outcome with older strobes and I think the Nikon's have relatively high voltage limits. (pg 177- flash sync)

Anyhow I picked up my new SB-600 this afternoon.

Never occurred to me to second guess the salesperson. They are Henry's after all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.