Canon full frame mirrorless officially announced

Real Name
David
One thing I find very interesting when contrasting the Nikon Z and Canon R. A Nikon D850/D750 user picking up the Z will feel the normal "Nikon moved the buttons again". But they are, for the most part, all there. A Canon 5D/6D/7D user on the other hand will like o_O. The Canon R seems much more like and advanced M control wise.

Just interesting.

Interesting choices Canon made. We now have (or soon will have) a plethora of excellent mirrorless full frame choices. I think it is telling that Canon went to 1 card slot and a new lens mount just like Nikon. Different decisions paths but the same result. For Canon users this means they can stay in the ecosystem while moving to mirrorless.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"meh! it is just a Canon, nothing to see... move along..." - Georgie Beagle

Real Name
Eric
yes, but this is normal since the liveview mode in te Canon 70D , ok the eos should be more faster and precise.

the thing i dont like to hear ist that the highspeed AF with
continuous Focus is only 3pictures per second "slow".. without AF 8pic/seconds.. like nikon... slower with af-c on.

more interesstint are the new superteles.. from canon in my mind.. 1 kg / 2 pound lighter !!

yes, but this is normal since the liveview mode in te Canon 70D , ok the eos should be more faster and precise.

the thing i dont like to hear ist that the highspeed AF with
continuous Focus is only 3pictures per second "slow".. without AF 8pic/seconds.. like nikon... slower with af-c on.

more interesstint are the new superteles.. from canon in my mind.. 1 kg / 2 pound lighter !!
Yes, that new 600 and 400 look good. I didn’t see prices on them.

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
In my mind I started comparing the Z7 and the Canon R and not surprisingly the Z7 has a fair amount of wins here.
Then I started to think about the Z6 and the Canon R and Canon has some wins and so does the Z6. The Canon R seems to be a Baby 5DMKIV and is stuck spec wise between the Nikon and Canon offerings. So 30 mp is obviously more than the Z6 and A7 III but less than the Z7 and A7RIII. I am interested in the claimed speed of the AF and the F11 AF support and the -6Ev AF capability that sounds very impressive in the Canon R
Then you put in Sony A7III and A7 RIII into the mix and it gets real interesting (and slightly overwhelming)

It seems to me that I need to think through my usage scenario's carefully, this will have to be carefully considered, the logical thing for me is to wait until real reviews and real users give input for example Jonathan F2s comments that we know we can trust.

It seems to me that I need to think through my usage scenario's carefully, this will have to be carefully considered, the logical thing for me is to wait until real reviews and real users give input for example Jonathan F2s comments that we know we can trust.
I think all these new cameras look great! Honestly though, I'd consider the Sony 3rd generation bodies to be the most mature, but I have to admit after holding the Z6, ergonomics are great on that body and I'm presuming the same on the Canon R. I'm actually rethinking the Z6 again. Mainly because I want 100% lens compatibility with all my Nikon and Sigma AF glass. Though I'm not in any particular rush to buy anything right now!

Agreed! Recent photo world announcements remind me of the automotive world’s bottomless pool of performance specs giving the fastest car on paper, but at the end of the day, it is the driver’s/photographer’s actual results that provide clarity.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom