Canon Pixma Pro-10 or Epson Surecolor P600

Looking into getting my first printer and have done some research. Looking for recommendations and insight into making a purchase. I want to be able to print from 4x6 upto 11x17, both color and b/w, probably a few prints per month. Also want good color that last without fading. Seems like Epson and Canon are popular choices and want to keep my purchase under $1000 with taxes and some paper to start. Any feedback on either printer noted would be appreciated or other printers I may have not considered.

I have the Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II which I believe is an earlier version of the Pro-10. As far as mine goes I cannot say enough good things about it. Very frugal with the ink usage. Picture quality is amazing. Epson has had some previous bad press with the amount of ink they use on startup. They may have since resolved this with the P600. I would do a little research. There seems to be a few refurbished P600's online. This in itself makes me a little concerned if there is something that is causing them to be returned. I would definitely check the online reviews of both models. If you want to avoid the fading issue, those who only buy the OEM inks for any printer seem to have the most success with this.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom