Canon Pixma Pro-100 $60.

I purchased one less than a month ago at the higher price so contacting Adorama to price match it.

Actually it's $60 so it's not worth buying. ;)

Seriously if I hadn't just bought one a couple of months ago I would be all over this. I'm very impressed with the printer and at this price they're just giving it away.

If I had that printer, liked it a lot, and had storage room for more of them, I'd be tempted to buy at least two more for use when the ink runs out instead of buying new ink.
I agree that's tempting, but I hate throwing away stuff, especially something that large and technologically advanced. And besides, in spite of my best intentions I still haven't used it much.

This is a terrific printer for the price. I bought 2 a couple of years ago on similar sale.
Refill with precision color inks.
Canon usa also had a sale on paper a couple of years ago- buy 1 get 9 free. I bought 6 packs of 13x19" luster paper- got 60 boxes of it.
Printing is now nearly free. I use it for my test prints- and give aways. I print hundreds of free 4x6's as give aways (bought lots of that as well) and over the years have never had a complaint about fading. For test prints it looks pretty darn close to my monitor. Has a different look than my pigment printers- but still looks great.
With refill inks I would never sell one of these prints, but for testing it is great.
If you have the room- you can not go wrong.
Gary

On sale, again, for a few days, frees shipping and a box of 13x19" paper, inks and a rebate card. Darned good printer.
These have been so cheap (but not this cheap,) for so long that I kind of mentally wrote it off initially when I started looking at large format printers. Then I read a gangbuster review of it by a print expert at Red River Paper, and sought out other reviews. Hard to find anything bad about it. I bought mine at the Holidays for a bit more than this, but with the discount and paper it was close.

Suffice it to say it has more than lived up to its reputation in my printing thus far. The 13x19's printed on the free Paper Pro Lustre stock are exceptional at 300dpi, as are 8x10's and 5x7's on Canon papers using the "High Quality" setting. I have found that using the stock Adobe RGB 4.0 profiles both in camera and in printer give great results, once curves is used to lighten the midband of the on-screen image. At this point my initial ink is only half used or less, and the secondary set I bought is still on the shelf. I've been printing anywhere from once per week to once every two or three weeks. No drying ever, and much less ink used accordingly. I've not touched my Epson since the 100 arrived.

More power to Canon. This is the second one I have used, and dye or not, the color and printing are fantastic.

The free-paper-when-you-buy-ink deal is back at the Canon Direct Store. When you buy the 8 CLI-42 (for PIXMA PRO-100) ink tanks in pairs, you get 4 “free gifts” of SG-201 13×19″ (50 sheets semi-gloss) photo paper, totalling 200 sheets. This is a decent deal to stock up on ink and paper.

The individual ink tanks cost $16.99 each. You need to buy two at a time to trigger a “free gift” with every purchase of professional ink above $30. This is a total of $135.92 (split over four separate transactions), not much more expensive than buying the combo kit for $124.99. The (inflated) retail value of all the free paper is $399.96.

This deal is scheduled to expire Saturday evening at 11:59 PM ET.

The free-paper-when-you-buy-ink deal is back at the Canon Direct Store. When you buy the 8 CLI-42 (for PIXMA PRO-100) ink tanks in pairs, you get 4 “free gifts” of SG-201 13×19″ (50 sheets semi-gloss) photo paper, totalling 200 sheets. This is a decent deal to stock up on ink and paper.

The individual ink tanks cost $16.99 each. You need to buy two at a time to trigger a “free gift” with every purchase of professional ink above $30. This is a total of $135.92 (split over four separate transactions), not much more expensive than buying the combo kit for $124.99. The (inflated) retail value of all the free paper is $399.96.

This deal is scheduled to expire Saturday evening at 11:59 PM ET.
The tanks that come with the printer are not full sized ones but my question is about how many 13x19 prints might you get out of the full set?

wembley

Just wanted to add that I have just finished composing and printing my Christmas Cards on the Canon P100, and all went flawlessly. Used Red River Papers matte card stock and the Canon Matte printer driver. I didn't try more than a dozen cards at a time, but the dozen printed without any feed problems. It's a real kick to not only use your own photo, but to be able to do card-back annotation of the photo and the personalized inside greeting.

I continue to be impressed mightily by this printer .... never a glitch whereas my Epson has dried up so completely it cannot even clean itself any longer, even after printhead adjustment. And my Canon Selphy gave up the ghost sometime during my mover two winters ago.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom