Canon Pixma Pro 100?

No. The issue installing on the Mac has to do with the way the installer on the CD works. In my case I was trying to get the wireless network connection going but the issue exists with a plain old USB connection too.

When you start up the installer, the first thing it does is check that the OS version and the printer driver on the CD match. Since I am running Mavericks (10.9.1), it complained and offered a "button" to go get the new driver. This takes you to the Canon web site. I downloaded and installed the proper driver and then returned to the installer. Unfortunately, this is where the installer gets stupid. I had already installed a newer driver but when I tried to deselect the printer driver in the checklist of software to be installed it would not let me, saying that the printer driver was mandatory. This meant that the older, wrong driver would be installed. There is no way around this step so I let it install the old driver thinking I could reinstall the new one afterward. Unfortunately, if you do this and go through all the steps up to using USB to set up the wireless you get a "communication error" trying to talk to the printer even though is shows up as installed in System Preferences. So.... here's workaround.

Go through the installation up to the point of the communication error (you get the error when trying to set up wireless via USB OR when you try to do the printhead alignment if using a USB connection [no wireless])... in other words, the error happens the first time you try to communicate with the printer, regardless of connection method. At this point, continue the installation to the end (or if the installer gets "stuck", force quit the installer application). Go download the new driver (if you have not already) and the Canon IJ Network Tool (if you want to connect via the network). Install the correct driver. If setting up for a network connection, then run the network tool. Use this to change the connection method. This should get the printer to the point that you can use it via whichever connection. Go to System Preferences, select the printer and use the print utility to run a printhead alignment. Should be good to go.
I realize this was posted several years ago, but I find it a bit confusing. I have set up the printer, downloaded and installed the printer driver, and I see that the computer is communicating with the printer. What else is there to do? I see no need for the install disk.

I realize this was posted several years ago, but I find it a bit confusing. I have set up the printer, downloaded and installed the printer driver, and I see that the computer is communicating with the printer. What else is there to do? I see no need for the install disk.
I suspect Canon fixed this. If the computer sees the printer and you can print to is, seems to be ok.

I have never used it so I cannot comment on any advantages. For me, any "advantage" would have to be really compelling to forgo the simplicity of simply using LR.
It says you can print 16-bit raw images directly to the printer w/o converting to jpeg for improved tonal gradations and dynamic range.

First print looks very good. I used Print Studio Pro as a plug-in from LR. I like the control it gives you over the printing process and the easy to understand interface.

I used the default profiles and the colors look quite accurate.

It says you can print 16-bit raw images directly to the printer w/o converting to jpeg for improved tonal gradations and dynamic range.
FWIW, you should always be able to print directly raw images 16 bit from your working space via the ICC profile without any need to convert to 8bit JPEG first, unless you have to send to outside service that requires JPEG. This applies to Mac.

With Windows you need to use the XPS drivers for 16 bit and an application that understands 16 bit (Windows does not natively!). Therefore it is necessary to use something like Print Studio.

FWIW, you should always be able to print directly raw images 16 bit from your working space via the ICC profile without any need to convert to 8bit JPEG first, unless you have to send to outside service that requires JPEG. This applies to Mac.
Yup, that's how I have typically printing, especially 13 X 19 prints.

Submitted my rebate documentation on March 8th, and it arrived in today's mail - only 11 days later. I am impressed!...actually with everything about this deal, especially the quality of the prints.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
What do you do with the old printer?
Still have it, the second printer went back, it arrived like this, the end of the box was soaking wet, the shipper (UPS) covered the wet portion of the box with tape. Wasn’t willing to take a chance on electronics sitting in water.

I wanted another printer for the ink cartridges, this deal was cheaper than buying ink cartridge sets alone and with a second set of cartridges, DIY refilling was on the horizon, not to mention the free paper.

The good folks at Adorama are shipping me a replacement today and price matched B&H which was $10 less in price at the time of the original order.

Need to try some matte finish paper as all prints so far have been on glossy.

Anyone using Redriver photo paper?

Has anyone printed anything on the 13 x 19 paper provided? I just tried my first one and it is terrible! Mottled and distorted like some impressionistic art interpretation. I had previously done a couple of 8 x 10 prints using the paper that came with the printer and they turned out fine, so I suspect the paper.

Anyone using Redriver photo paper?
I use their 68 lb UltraPro Gloss (8.5X11); 60lb Polar Matt (8.5X11 and 13X19) , and in 4x6 75 lb Arctic Polar Luster and 66 lb Arctic Polar Gloss.

Has anyone printed anything on the 13 x 19 paper provided?
Jim I received Photo Paper PLus semi-gloss. Haven't used it much. I also use Ilford Smooth Pearl, which I like a lot.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom