Canon Pixma Pro 100?

First, I was impressed by how long the "setup" tanks that were in the box lasted. Prolly printed 20+ 13x19 prints, plus a bunch of 4x6's before I started getting a low ink warning.

Somewhat on a whim, I tried an off brand ink from Amazon from YoYoInk.

https://smile.amazon.com/Compatible-Cartridge-Pixma-Pro-100-Indicator/dp/B072SCDWLL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521669850&sr=8-1&keywords=pro-100+yoyoink

I am very impressed. I purposely printed several images with the Canon ink, replaced the tanks with the YoYoInk and could not tell the difference. No issues with the chips either. Just works!!

Plus ... I had a small issue with some minor drips leaking from the tanks. Basically, when I removed the plastic cover at the bottom of the replacement tank, there was a drop or two of ink in the cover and I got a couple of drops on my hand. I emailed the company to determine if that was considered "normal" or not, and they offered, and sent me, a complete new set of ink cartridges for free. In addition, they refunded me 20% back to my Amazon account for my trouble. Impressed, I am!!

Ken
Sounds good; thanks for posting. Of course at the rate I print pictures they'll be out of business before I need any more ink. :D

I guess I missed a great deal as the cheapest I can find it right now is $119 at Adorama. I'd definitely take the plunge for $79 or $69.

I guess I missed a great deal as the cheapest I can find it right now is $119 at Adorama. I'd definitely take the plunge for $79 or $69.
Be patient, the Pixma-Pro 100 seems to go on sale with rebate frequently, (Black Friday 2017 it cost $59), now where is the buy 1 get 4 free or the buy 1 get 9 free Canon photo paper sale I’ve seen in the past.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom