Canon Pro100 Snowy Print

Real Name
Ken St John
I’ve been very pleased with the prints I make with my Pro100. I generally use Red River polar paper and some 3rd party inks. Excellent results over and over.

I took an image of a red Christmas ball on some snow yesterday. It looks wonderful on my monitor. But, I was thinking this one may be difficult to reproduce as a print. So, I tried. Although I might tweak the brightness just a pinch, overal I like the result a great deal.

C304C01D-68F0-4BC3-91F4-AB034B277700.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

If you’re looking for a great printer up to 13x19, I really recommend the Pro100. Especially when it’s on sale!!

Ken

White on white paper is always tough. I've been told that lowering the white point a tad will make for better prints--though I have never tried it. If your white is exactly like the paper, great; otherwise it stands out.

Real Name
Ken St John
White on white paper is always tough. I've been told that lowering the white point a tad will make for better prints--though I have never tried it. If your white is exactly like the paper, great; otherwise it stands out.

I did make some further adjustments, including adding some additional Brightness in Canon's Printstudio Pro, and tried again .... and I am quite impressed. This is a very difficult image to print ... and, in person, it looks very nice!! The bottom left corner is a bit blown out, but overall it looks like ... snow!!

IMG_1736.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers!!

Ken

Lovely ideal well reproduced the improved version is better although both are good, nice idea for cards, can I borrow the idea?

I’ve been very pleased with the prints I make with my Pro100. I generally use Red River polar paper and some 3rd party inks. Excellent results over and over.

I took an image of a red Christmas ball on some snow yesterday. It looks wonderful on my monitor. But, I was thinking this one may be difficult to reproduce as a print. So, I tried. Although I might tweak the brightness just a pinch, overal I like the result a great deal.

View attachment 1627860

If you’re looking for a great printer up to 13x19, I really recommend the Pro100. Especially when it’s on sale!!

Ken
Couldn't agree with you more about the Pro100. Bought mine on sale a year and a half ago and any bad prints have been my own fault. I too have found lightening is usually needed on white backgrounds. But I haven't used the Polar White from my Red River sample kit yet, so it's good to see such encouraging results.

Latest threads

Top Bottom