Cant figure out why the D200 price keeps going up...

It was $1299 at the beginning of the year on B&H and I bought one. Sold it to try the D2X and it's too much camera for me so now that I'm thinking about buying one again, they are $1449 after an 'instant rebate'... :confused: :rolleyes:

See if anyone here has the "discount code". Someone posted it here several weeks ago here for May. I got mine Memorial Day (actually the day before B&H closed for the long holiday) for $1324.

Perhaps someone has the new one and will post again.

M

Michael Mohrmann

Also odd is that the D200 seems to be the only DSLR from either Nikon or Canon that is rising in price. The D80, 30D, and the 5D haven't changed much, if at all, in the past several weeks.

In march I paid $1489 for D200,MB200, daul battery charger and 2nd battery now the same kit is $1689. I guess I bought at the right time. good luck.

D200 Price Increases

It was $1299 at the beginning of the year on B&H and I bought one. Sold it to try the D2X and it's too much camera for me so now that I'm thinking about buying one again, they are $1449 after an 'instant rebate'... :confused: :rolleyes:

Nikon probably shifted production to the D80 and D40x for the summer. Limited supply=higher prices on D200. This is nothing compared to the shortage of Prime lenses. BTW, I'd stay with the D2X. You will overcome the learning curve and become quite comfortable with the D2X. Give it time.

Regards, Ed

I wonder if D200 / 18-200VR bundles are squeezing the D200 supply and thus increasing prices? A lot of the 18-200VR supplies seem to be going into D200 kits.

I bought my D80 for $1099 last year with the 18-55 kit lens and it's still the same price.

See if anyone here has the "discount code". Someone posted it here several weeks ago here for May. I got mine Memorial Day (actually the day before B&H closed for the long holiday) for $1324.

Perhaps someone has the new one and will post again.

This is the code: PSMAY07NGW52, unfortunately, there's no discount any more. It's at $1449.

Don't feel too bad. During my vacation in Europe last month my camera started to give error messages and refuse to function with most of the lenses I brought. I bought a replacement body in Vienna, Austria. I went with the D200 as it was the only Nikon body the store had in stock that would accept the CF cards I had with me. After tax was added it was $2100 out the door. :eek:

Dollar maybe is low...

At least it is a wet dream for swedish guy like me, it is like shopping on a 30-40% sale for me. I am going to orlando on friday. I cant wait to spend my money.

Example when I was in the states year 2000 one dollar was worth around 10 swedish krona. Today 1 dollar is worth 7 swedish krona.

I just to sell recording studio equipment and our american products we succed to lower our prices with about 25% over 2 year period. Which made our clients very happy. Especially as this unit costing between 1000-10000 dollar a piece.

I dont know if the swedish currency become stronger or the US currency became weaker. I am absoluty no economic guy. But I like it from my point off view. My money is worth alot more in the states.

$1299 US for a D200 is a very low price and probably represents a one-time deal as opposed to "sustainable" on-line discount pricing. The typical retail price for a D200 here in Canada is still $1700, and considering the Canadian dollar has been well above 0.90 US for some months a price of $1400 US seems more reasonable. The D200 is still a hot seller and until Nikon announces its successor I don't think you're going to see any more discounts. The fact the US dollar is tanking won't help either.

E

eteam

try tristatecamera.com

They're an auth Nikon dealer. Lately, they've had the best price on pricegrabber.com, around $1349 incl shipping IIRC.

- Bob E

Just call up a major dealer ( that offers free shipping and is outside of your state if you're in the US ) and tell them you got an offer from xxxx dealer for 1349. Ask them if they can match the price...There's room to move, at least that much.

Since you spent the $$ to buy the D2X, I'd say keep it and learn how to use it. From what I've heard from others, you have a great camera! So, just get out there and play with it! OR Take some photography classes through Wolf Camera or a Community College.

It's not a matter of knowing how to use the D2X. It's produced some great shots, but nothing my D50 or a D200 couldn't do. Since I dont shoot sports or motorsports, I dont need the frame rate of the D body.

once more where as long as there is a demand they can charge what they want, for an outdated camera which is sure need of a new version

Latest threads

Top Bottom