1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Can't install trial version of Capture NX2

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Adkid, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Adkid

Adkid

Jan 3, 2009
    Portland
    I downloaded the current version of CNX2 and installed it, but the application won't open because it says that I don't have the proper version of microsoft frame.net??? What I ran the exe file, it downloaded the version of Frame.net, yet, I have installed and uninstalled twice and I still cannot open the application. Anyone had this problem?

2. Adkid

Adkid

Jan 3, 2009
    Portland
    Should add that I'm running XP with SP3 if that makes any difference.

3. Read This Thread, it talks about the .Net Framework. You need the latest version, 3.5. This should install using Windows Updates, it is not a part directly of XP SP3. Check your Installed Programs, it is not a bad idea to uninstall prior versions and then just get the latest.

Here is the link for .Net Framerwork 3.5 SP1 which is the current version.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. Adkid

Adkid

Jan 3, 2009
    Portland
    Thanks Bill. You and Mike Buckley are the man! I was able to get it working after updaing my MS updates.

5. You are welcome.

Cool, yeah, Mike is quite the guy :wink:

The issues with .Net, and MS updates in general, can be a real pain. Generally the best is to uninstall as much as possible and reinstall the latest, the tricky part is figuring out what the darned "parts" are in the first place.

Now that you have the installed, the real fun will start, learning to use NX2 :biggrin:

6. Adkid

Adkid

Jan 3, 2009
    Portland
    Yeah thanks. I just played around with it and I know I'm not in View NX anymore. I will buy Mike Hagen's book and work through it over the next couple of months and see how it goes. I'll probably be back with many more questions.

7. Please do! Bill will be happy to answer them. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.