Can't make up my mind.

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by papa85, Oct 21, 2005.

1. papa85

papa85 Guest

I have a D2H now I want a backup body to double as a soul Portrait, and in a pinch some sports. I know that the Fugi is not a fast machine but the color is something else. Help me to choose the right one. need your input. money will not be a factor between the two. D2X now, out of the question. :confused: :confused: :confused: :smile:

2. Why not use the Fuji for portraits and the D2H for sports? Would seem the best use in my opinion? I love the Fuji and it can do ISO1600 with no noise, and shoots whites in bright light with no blown highlights - very versatile.

3. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi papa tony-

ideally, your backup should have as many accessories in common as your main camera. have you considered a d2hs, the high ISO is supposed to be much better than the d2h. if you can wait, the d200 is -supposed- to come out soon.

my main camera is a d2h, with a d1 as a backup. going between the two takes a bit of adjustment as the controls are different, plus i have to carry two sets of batteries, chargers, etc. when i travel. i'd get a d2x if i could justify buying one, but right now i'm satisfied with what i have.

ricky

4. papa85

papa85 Guest

Hi Sandi , :smile:
    You are the reason I looked into the Fugi S3 , your photos are just great.
    Do you find that the batteries are a problem? How many shots can you fire on a full charge :Guns: ? If you leave the S3 ideal for 1 or 2 weeks do the batteries loose their power? In your shooting do you find yourself waiting for the buffer to clear? Sandi feel free to PM me if you would like to answer.I have seen it as low as 1699.00 but that might be to good to be true. I would really like to discuss this matter with you . :confused:

5. papa85

papa85 Guest

Hi Ricky,
    I love my D2H, But lately I have been doing a lot of portrait work and find myself cropping more then ever. looking for more pixels. But will never give up the D2H. :biggrin: