1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Can't open images

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taat2d, Jul 27, 2009.

1. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    I am having problems with CS3. I just downloaded a card to my computer. Shot with the D300. When I try to open the image in bridge an error message pops up. I get a small box with a big red X. The box says;

Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document.

Anyone ever see this? They're all shot in RAW. I can't open ANY of them. If I click on a RAW image that was shot with my D200 I can open them fine. All of the cards are the ones I've been using with no problems at all. I HOPE someone can help me with this!!

2. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    Joe,
    you may have to upgrade the Camera Raw to a later version to support the D300..

3. Do you have the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw?

4. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    On the camera itself or on my computer?

5. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    I don't think so.

6. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    You might want to start updating from there then and see how things work out. Normaly with Camera Raw up to date you should open almost all RAW files out there.

7. SteveAikens

SteveAikens

Jan 4, 2009
    Clovis, NM
    You should be using Camera Raw 5.4 - if you're not, hit the link and update it. When CS3 came out, there was no D300 so the ACR in CS3 won't see the D300 files unless you run the update.

8. danameless

danameless

May 9, 2009
    NYC
    On your computer. You just need to update it through Adobe (free) and you'll be fine. I actually had the same problem with my D90 and CS4.

9. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    On the Adobe page it says Camera RAW 5 is NOT compatible with CS3. I downloaded it but can't install it.

10. SteveAikens

SteveAikens

Jan 4, 2009
    Clovis, NM
    Then find the rollback to the version that is supported in CS3. I know it's there, I have a buddy that downloaded it to read my D300 files once.

11. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Joe I had a problem sort of like that when I got the D300.
    I actually stopped using the D200 and was using the D300 all the time.
    About 2 months went by and I decided to shoot with the D200 I put the memory card in my Card reader and it would get so far and just stop reading the card. I can't remember what the error message said though.
    Anyway I called Nikon and I hooked the D200 up to my computer and all the files uploaded fine. Now this is what he said- Assign so many cards to the D200 and so many to the D300 and keep them separtate and make sure that I format each time.
    CS3 should read your Raw files from the D300. That is why I actually bought CS3. Since I've sold the D200 and now have the D300 and D700 and keep the m.cards assigned to each camera and format I haven't had any problems.

12. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France

Did you format the cards in camera or via your computer ? It's always best to do it in camera so that could have been your issue. I've swapped CFs from my D2H to D700 without a single glitch. This assigning story seems fishy …

13. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Card was formatted IN camera like I always do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.