Can't open images

I am having problems with CS3. I just downloaded a card to my computer. Shot with the D300. When I try to open the image in bridge an error message pops up. I get a small box with a big red X. The box says;

Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document.

Anyone ever see this? They're all shot in RAW. I can't open ANY of them. If I click on a RAW image that was shot with my D200 I can open them fine. All of the cards are the ones I've been using with no problems at all. I HOPE someone can help me with this!!

Joe,
you may have to upgrade the Camera Raw to a later version to support the D300..

On your computer. You just need to update it through Adobe (free) and you'll be fine. I actually had the same problem with my D90 and CS4.
On the Adobe page it says Camera RAW 5 is NOT compatible with CS3. I downloaded it but can't install it.

Then find the rollback to the version that is supported in CS3. I know it's there, I have a buddy that downloaded it to read my D300 files once.

Joe I had a problem sort of like that when I got the D300.
I actually stopped using the D200 and was using the D300 all the time.
About 2 months went by and I decided to shoot with the D200 I put the memory card in my Card reader and it would get so far and just stop reading the card. I can't remember what the error message said though.
Anyway I called Nikon and I hooked the D200 up to my computer and all the files uploaded fine. Now this is what he said- Assign so many cards to the D200 and so many to the D300 and keep them separtate and make sure that I format each time.
CS3 should read your Raw files from the D300. That is why I actually bought CS3. Since I've sold the D200 and now have the D300 and D700 and keep the m.cards assigned to each camera and format I haven't had any problems.

Joe I had a problem sort of like that when I got the D300.
I actually stopped using the D200 and was using the D300 all the time.
About 2 months went by and I decided to shoot with the D200 I put the memory card in my Card reader and it would get so far and just stop reading the card. I can't remember what the error message said though.
Anyway I called Nikon and I hooked the D200 up to my computer and all the files uploaded fine. Now this is what he said- Assign so many cards to the D200 and so many to the D300 and keep them separtate and make sure that I format each time.
CS3 should read your Raw files from the D300. That is why I actually bought CS3. Since I've sold the D200 and now have the D300 and D700 and keep the m.cards assigned to each camera and format I haven't had any problems.

Did you format the cards in camera or via your computer ? It's always best to do it in camera so that could have been your issue. I've swapped CFs from my D2H to D700 without a single glitch. This assigning story seems fishy …

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom