Can't print borderless 4x6 on Canon ip4200

I've had the printer for many months and decided to load the bottom feeder cassette with 4x6 Kodak glossy and try some borderless prints.

Everything I try still leaves borders - though some things have made them smaller:
1 - the paper is an honest 4x6 inches
2 - the Canon print driver allows adjustment of a slider to add overscan
(I'm max'ed)
3 - the jpg to print is 2000x3000
4 - I've tried printing from Canon's included printer software, Dell Image Expert, Kodak's Easyshare, and PS Elements 4, all the same results leaves a white border about a half inch on one short edge and an eighth inch on the other three edges.

I'll read the manual and keep looking for something that is setting a margin override but have not found it yet. Any ideas appreciated !

R

rwfernandes

quick thought on this

I don't wannabe a smart-a$$, but I assume you did check the box in front of the text 'borderless' close to the papersize adjustment?
I couldn't find it the first few times because the whole interface has too many distracting elements. Or, maybe I'm just dumb :redface:

2 - the Canon print driver allows adjustment of a slider to add overscan
(I'm max'ed)

the only way to get the slider lit up and active is to check the borderless box
so yes I did...

R

rwfernandes

Question

If you choose the preview in the printer driver, does it show a border in the preview window? It doesn't when I print borderless. When I do not select borderless, a white edge is shown, 3 equal in size, one of them thicker.
Are you running the latest version of the printer driver? Does it work when you use the handfeed?
I'm puzzled by this, never had a problem like you describe.

Latest threads

Top Bottom