Canvas on Demand

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by hstrick2000, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Has anyone ever used them before? How do they caompare to Mpix on canvas. Do they actually print to the canvas or do like Mpix and glue a print to canvas? Thanks in advance for all the help.

2. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Hayden, they print it on the canvas. Quality is pretty good. Another good gallery wrap canvas seller is pixels2canvas

3. Thanks Linda. Ill check them out

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I took them up on a deal they were offering at Imaging USA earlier this year. Service and quality were excellent.

5. Just thought I'd add this somewhere and didn't find it worthy of its own thread:
    I read that Canvas on Demand calibrates to sRGB now (their website says Adobe RGB). I asked them and they said they are indeed using sRGB now (and haven't updated the website). Just thought I'd throw this out there so that people don't run into colour profile trouble. (Probably a good idea to confirm with them which profile they are using as who knows if this will change again in the future)

6. I got a free sample from Canvas on Demand and thought that the quality was pretty good. I've seen sample canvases on display from WHCC and would probably opt to use them though, I was much more impressed with their quality.

7. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Just got a 16x20 portrait from them and it was excellent! They do now use sRGB.

8. shepx2

shepx2

Oct 4, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I recently ordered a 20 x 30 after receiving a groupon deal from Canvas on Demand. In the past, I used WHCC for my canvases. Well, no longer. I am absolutely ecstatic with the quality of this canvas and will be sending them any future purchases!

Keep your eyes out on the Groupon deals they have run a few times and give them a shot!

9. +1 for Canvas on Demand. Get signed up.

They'll send you discount coupons from time to time that are pretty decent as well.