Canyon Lake, Arizona

Real Name
Britt Redline
This past Spring Break at OCCC, (Oklahoma City Community College) I flew out to Phoenix, Arizona to visit my best friend Roger Nettles, whom I've known for a number of years. . . I flew out the evening of Thursday, March 14th, and landed into Phoenix at Midnight. Roger was there to pick me up. Great friend for doing that. We headed directly back to his place. The next day, around noon, I awoke to him & his fiance sitting on the floor of the bedroom he & I were sharing, visiting.
That day we just chilled & took it SUPER easy. But that evening, about an hour before sunset, he, his fiancé and I packed our photography gear into his suburban & headed out to South Mountain National Park on the south side of Phoenix. (Where I took the epic sunset/twilight photo) and when it was all said & done I had filled over half of my 32 GB SD card in my Nikon D5600. . . I couldn't get over how BRILLIANT the colors were in that sunset!! It was pretty much the ENTIRE SKY west of where we were stationed on the north rim westward was chalk full of fully saturated oranges, yellows, Magentas, pinks, purples & deep rich blues! I hadn't ever seen a sunset in my life. I didn't realize it til I hopped back into the suburban with him & his fiancé that I realized how high an adrenaline rush I had been experiencing.😴😴😴 I could hardly keep my eyes open by the time we got back to the house.

The second photo was taken east of Apache Junction, Arizona, a small settlement just east of Phoenix about 15-20 miles in the Canyon where the Canyon Lake Recreation Area & Marina are located. It was on Monday around 7 pm. We each had a beer at the bar & grill there at the Marina parking lot. Then we went out & took a bunch of photos of the rock formations to the north (behind me when I took the attached photo) and then I crossed the Road & took a couple shots of the other side (toward the south) like this one. They all turned out excellently.
BPR_4752_Signature(1)_1568745267857.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
20190330_233351_polarr_filter454266774.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
nix. . .

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom