Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Donniec, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Donniec

Donniec

Jan 6, 2007
    Harvest, Alabama
    Donnie Claxton
    I am like several others who have not posted in a long time.

In the fall of 2015, my wife and I drove to Cape Breton Island -and a lot of places in between- from North Alabama. Great trip! I highly recommend Cape Breton Island and the Cabot Trail.

My wife and I only got into it twice which was pretty good for a five week trip and nearly 30 year of marriage. We ate lots of good food and used the iPhone app Waze for almost all travel directions and never got lost.

#1 - Fortress of Louisbourg Canada-USA2015-12.

#2 - Fortress of Louisbourg Canada-USA2015-13.

#3 - Lakie's Head, Cabot Trail, Cape Breton Island
    Canada-USA2015-15.

#4 - Corney Beach, Cabot Trail, Cape Breton Island
    Northeast15-4090-Corney-Beach-Cape-Breton-2.

#5 - Cap LeMoine, Cabot Trail, Cape Breton Island Canada-USA2015-19.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Wonderful images! Hubby and I are considering a trip to that area!

3. Enjoyed these a lot, Donnie. They are very timely as my wife and I are in the midst of planning a trip for this July.

4. Donniec

Donniec

Jan 6, 2007
    Harvest, Alabama
    Donnie Claxton
    Thanks. The driving part of the Cabot Trail is interesting. There are also several hiking trails that are very good.

5. One of my favourite parts of Canada, there is a lot to do that way, if you enjoy the outdoors and the fort has (last I remember) a good place to get some French Onion Soup!

6. Yes, we plan to drive the whole loop and spend a day hiking near the northern end of the island.

7. Really like the last three images. Excellent photography!

Samuel

8. Donniec

Donniec

Jan 6, 2007
    Harvest, Alabama
    Donnie Claxton
    I did not get the french onion soup but I did have the fish with a spoon. The waitress told us that a fork was not in use by common folk in the 17th century. The employees stayed in character very well. The guard on the way out of the fortress implied that 'payment' of a little rum to him would help us get out of the fortress without any problems.

9. crashton

crashton

Apr 11, 2010
    Ohio USA
    It's been over 30 years since I have been there, but your wonderful pictures made the memories come flooding back. Thanks Donnie!