Cape Cod Osprey

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Plain or Fancy, what say you? 500MM FF photo
    Lou

1 Plain
    964846546_42f19d9c5b_o.

2 Fancy
    964846680_7bae725e09_o.

2. Got her cruisin

3. Fancy -- highlights the impressive wing span.

Very nice.

PaulC

4. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Great shot Lou! I like your framing.

5. Thanks Gary but I now see some dust on the left side.
    Lou

6. Thank you Gunnerisac I am going to print this one but I will clean that spot off first.
    Lou

7. Thanks Mark I'll see how a print looks.
    Lou

8. nice shot Lou.. I am not much on fancy frames myself, I think they take away attention from the image, but yours is not tooooo fancy... nice.

Was this taken in Wellfleet?? You might remember my buddie lives there., and I hope to make a return visit there some day.

take care.

9. Very nice Lou! I like the framing too.

Jose

10. Well Ray I am not sure of the exact location but my son lives in Falmouth and I do think we were in some part of Falmouth. Actually at a new nest my son found we were at only to find we were on a private and exclusive beach. When some of the people ask what magazine we were from I laughted and showed them my window stickers for our NY eagles. I then set a scope up and a book of NY eagle photos for the kids to look at and also view the nest of ospreys and pretty soon we were getting invites to about 6 more nests on very private property where there were more nests right in the back yards. A backyard is where I got this one and I had trouble getting the 500 frame around the bird. So many will go in the trash. I also found anothe buddy lives about 30 minuets from Falmouth and just got his email thid morningas he would like to do a trip together. Maybe its the same person. Thanks for looking
    Lou

11. Thanks Jose I love it when you can see the eyes looking right down your lens and into your brain. I puzzle many as when they look they see nothing.:biggrin::biggrin:
    Lou

12. iudoc97

iudoc97

Nov 13, 2006
    Indiana
    vote for fancy... I just love digital frames... trying to work on that myself. I think they just set off the picture very nicely.

13. Wow, you do make some friends out there Lou.. very cool.. Wellfleet is about 15 miles short of the tip, and if you go down to the harbour, the nest is right over top of some boats on the main dock, you can drive your car right up to the post.

The 200-400 is great for these birds, as when they fly in close, you can back up to catch the full bird when you need to.

good luck out there bud, hope we cross trails some day.

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice shots Lou
    Sounds like you had a good visit up there:>))))

So guess you really are going to move.
    Tough decision to leave such a great place as yours....and your bad bears:>))))