Cape May area late August

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by Gordon Large, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Is anyone interested in spending a day or two shooting in the Cape May area in late August? I would be happy to do the organizational stuff, but I would need someone knowledgeable about the best dates and areas for migratory birds to work with me and to be the session leader.

To start the process of putting a session together, indicate your interest now, and let me know what dates or days of the week would work for you. And also indicate if you would like to volunteer to be the session leader.

I hope we can pull this off because there will be a ton of birds.

Gordon

2. As long as it's before August 30th, I could do this, Gordon. I start classes then, so I won't have any free time after the 30th.

3. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hi Nick -
    Classes? What are classes? Just kidding - it's been a very long time since I took a class. The date probably will be before August 30. For anyone else who sees this, I would like to go again in September and maybe October if there are still a lot of birds.

Gordon

4. Would love to give Cape May a try one weekend. In fact I am thinking of bringing the wife and a Nephew of ours down in October...good then for migratory Raptors! :)

I will watch the thread and see when you folks decide to go at other times and when we firm up our date will let you know but probably the 2nd to last weekend in October(10/22-10/23) I work every other weekend so it is a little tough to make weekend things but I try! Also will be gone to Kenya from late September to Mid October (19 days in all)! :shock:

5. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

George -

If every other weekend is out, which are the ones that are in? Weekdays?October sounds like a good time, but there aren't any bad times in the fall, so I intend to go down several times. If you are going to Kenya on a photo safari I am insanely jealous! :twisted:

Gordon

6. Gordon,

Kenya photo safari n exactly 58 days 11 hours 56 minutes 32 seconds from this post but who's counting! :D

I will for sure figure out some days to get to Cape May and get back to you!

7. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

George -

You sure know how to rub it in! :twisted:

See you in Cape May later in the fall.

Gordon