Cape May Lewes Ferry

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by EdMac, Jul 27, 2005.

1. My wife and I took a ride on the Cape May NJ Lewes Delaware Ferry yesterday, and I was able to get a few pictures. These were taken with my Nikon 18-35 mm 3.5/4.5 lens and my D100. The first is a lighthouse that sits at the end of a rock jetty just off of Delaware. The second is a tall ship that was tied up near the ferry dock. The ship is owned by the state of Delaware. Information on the ship can be found at the site below.

Comments welcome, as always. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the link to information on the ship.

http://www.kalmarnyckel.org/aboutship.asp

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful postcard images, Ed. Very nice captures....well done, sir!

3. Nice Captures

Hi Frank,

Thank you for the comments. I had a good vantage point on the third deck of the ferry. It was a nice cool place to be on a very hot day.

4. Excellent images Ed. Definitely post card shots. I do notice you have some dust bunnies on your sensor.

5. Dust Bunnies

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the comments. I had a good spot on the deck of the ferry.

I guess I need to clean my sensor. It has been a while. These od eyes just don't notice them as much, any more. :D

Update
    The sensor, mirror, and the bottom of the prisim were all filthy. Now they all are a lot cleaner. Thanks Gordon.

6. The first shot is awesome saw your shots of the ponies what a hot day to be there you must have been uncomfortable

7. Hot Day

Hi Mike,

Yeah leave it to me to go shooting on the hottest day of the summer. The ferry ride was the best part of the day. I would have loved to have spent more time down on the island, but the heat and humidity was tough. Thanks for your comments. :D

8. That first image is truly breathaking, Ed. The other one ain't bad either, :)

9. Breathtaking

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for your nice comment. I just happened to be standing on the right side of the ferry lol :D