Cape Neddick Light - York, ME

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Cory Cooper, May 25, 2005.

1. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Here's the best of a quick shoot on the way back from touring the coast of ME.

I am sure many of you have seen this lighthouse...it's pretty famous up here in New England.

[​IMG]

C

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent cpmposition on the famous light house.. Good color.

A tad blue cast though.

Like this one alot.

Thanks for sharing.

3. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Thanks for your kind words and observation...I guess I never noticed the blue cast.

I took the above file and did a quick alteration in levels to snap the midtones a bit... much better, no?

[​IMG]

Cory

4. I love lighthouse shots....wish there were more!! Nice shot!! :D :D :D

5. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Very nice Cory. This is one of my favorite spots. I have spent many hours sitting on the rocks here and just enjoying the view. Another favorite of ours is the Twin Lights at Cape Elizabeth and a little farther up the coast is Portland Head Light. I hope to go back there sometime this summer.
    Here is a link to a few of my "Maine" shots; http://www.pbase.com/dvan/maine
    Once again, thanks for sharing a wonderful image with us :D

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Much better yes :>))

Beautiful shot.

7. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Dave - thanks. I am a lighthouse nut...I just love them! We should hook up this summer for a lighthouse shoot. I am going to go for another whirlwind tour of New England this fall and try to get many of the covered bridges around as well.

Gale - I think so to. Thanks for the tip.