Cape of Good Hope, South Africa

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by bobhoge, Oct 16, 2005.

1. While in Africa we took a helicopter from Cape Town down to the Cape of Good Hope.

The Cape of Good Hope is the point in the foreground, the other point is called Cape Point. It is the dividing line between the Atlantic and Indian Oceans- D-100 18-70 @18mm:
    [​IMG]

Here Cape Point is in the foreground and the Cape of Good Hope is to the left - D-100 18-70 @31mm
    [​IMG]

Circling past the top of Cape Point on the way to land. There are many lookout point there - D-100 18-70 @62mm
    [​IMG]

After landing, we rode the tram up to the top - D-70 28-200 @ 35mm
    [​IMG]

Looking down the cliffs of Cape Point - D-70 28-200 @28mm:
    [​IMG]

Bob & Nan

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Boy just got a boatload of great images and colors and history to share withus.
    I am really very thankful for you for showing these.

Something I will never get to do or see.

Thanks again

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

These are great!

Post-process the rotor out of photo number one; and it will be perfect.

4. Hi Ken,

I guess I never thought to do that, thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try and it looks like this, which I do like better:
    [​IMG]

Also since I was in Photoshop, I took another photo from that flight and cropped it about 6 to 1. While flying over the Cape of Good Hope, we saw two Southern Right Whales swiming along below us. Not great, but very interesting:
    [​IMG]

Thanks again,
    Bob