1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Caption anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by DW Brewer, Sep 30, 2008.

1. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Occasionally, one captures an image which just calls out for a funny caption. Such is the case with this image of a large bull Shiras Moose I captured recently (September 20) while in The Tetons. Post your best caption and lets spread a little humor.
    I'll go first:

-
    NIKON D2X    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/500s    ISO 200

"Har, har har; that's a good one! While on the subject of "Touron Stories," did you hear the one about the two Tourons who went deer hunting in The Tetons National Park..."

Unfortunately, there is truth to this caption. The evening after I captured this image, two Tourons (Touron = TOURists acting like morONS) were arrested for deer hunting while in the Tetons. Seems they killed a monster mule deer buck within hearing distance of a ranger's residence. Since the offence took place in a National Park, it is considered a Federal Offense; they deserve whatever the judge throws at them.

2. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    *cough, cough* Ooof! Hairball!

3. "I get no respect!" "Even in Death I come back as a D*** Moose."
    Rodney Dangerfield.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
  4. "Over here, Rocky!"

5. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Good ones! I hadn't thought of hairballs, and he does look a little like Dangerfield. I considered a Rocky caption, but couldn't come up with a good one.
    Incidentally Nick, how is your wife doing these days. I still have her on the prayer chain.
    Come 0on people; there's got to be some more killer captions out there.

6. David,
    Monica is doing really well. Back in July her Oncologist changed one of her meds. Initially there was discomfort and nausea, but now only just discomfort. She is getting a tad anemic, but that is a known side effect of her meds. Her level right now it 8, but if it goes below that, then they are planning on giving her 2 units of blood to "perk her up some". Dr is starting the process for her next series of CAT, MRI and Bone scans to occur in December some time. Thank you for asking. Keep up the prayers, they seem to be working...

7. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Nick:
    There is some good news in your update, and I'll keep her on the prayer chain. Don't know that my "connection" with THE MAN upstairs is any better than anyone else's but I'll keep putting in the prayers.
    On another subject, did you make out okay with Ike?

8. "Oh hai"

9. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    "I never get tired of watching the Deer mate. Such rookies..."

10. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    NIKON D2X    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/500s    ISO 200

WAYOOO, WAYOOOO, WAYOOOO, WAYOOOOOOO!!!!

11. How about in a cage with a rutting male and a female in heat? That seems like just punishment ...

12. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    How about "you call that a long lens?"

13. Dave,
    We lucked out and ended up on the west (or "clean") side of IKE. Lots of leaves and twigs in the front yard. Large branches from neighbor's tree in back yard. Crown out of one oak tree still suspended 30 feet up over fence/neighbor's back yard. Power was out for 30 hours - just long enough to force us to clean out the fridge and freezer. Tree services all seem to be running on voice-mail and rarely if ever bother to call back. As there is some additional tree work required, it may be a few weeks yet... As of Monday, they were saying still 250000 without power in Houston. The east side & counties east of Houston were hit pretty hard. and I'm sure you have seen the damage from Galvestion and the Bolivar peninsula - a lot is jobs GONE. Thank heavens, for those people living close to the bays and estuaries, the storm surge was about 1/2 of that predicted - 10-12 feet.
    Regards,
    Nick

14. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

15. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    He is saying he's happy he's a moose. Elk hunting is legislatively mandated in Teton NP.

16. Tim O

Tim O

Jun 11, 2006
    Illinois
    With all these dry bushes I think I am going to SNEEZE:biggrin:
    Nice capture David:wink:

17. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Or:

Hiding the bushes

UR doin it rong.

(Paul, you realize that we might be the only two crazy icanhascheezburger peeps here and therefore nobody will get our silly jokes?)

18. I R Not made of Chocolate!

19. oh that's a cute one!:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.