Capture 4.3 Available for Download

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by bravocharlie, Jun 13, 2005.

1. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    Brian,

Thanks for the link. I looked at Nikon's site less than 30 minutes ago and there was no reference to version 4.3.

Joe

2. I have 2 questions
    1. does this download have the same SP2 issues as previous?
    2. Is it possible to load to a disc and then load to a computer? I refuse to hook my EXPENSIVE but AWESOME RR design computer to the internet. and only wish to load via cd rom.

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Bravo, Charlie! Thanks for the heads-up!

4. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

1 - If you have already overcome the SP2 issue, there should not be another problem with this upgrade.

2 - Yes. You can either copy the ZIP file to a CD and use it from there (it would still need to be UNZipped), or UNZip the folder to a CD, and use it from there.

5. Thanks for the link. I have upgraded and works fine on
    my AMD 64 Laptop.

6. another question.... what are the overwhelming reasons to upgrade?

7. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Brian,

Thanks for the info - just downloaded the upgrade.

Answer: The read-eye removal :D

8. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

When I opened my NC today it notified me of the update, then downloaded and installed it for me - how nice...! :p

9. That is nice and convenient. progressive thinking on Nikon's part. Only problem for me is not hooked to internet so mine does not yet know of the update. If it is true that red eye removal is a KEY feature, I have no need for the update.

10. I think it reacts faster to the changes I make during workflow. Not faster, but faster than my prior ver. Is this possible??

11. Sorry :D , should have typed "not very fast, but faster than my prior version". Is that possible?

12. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Dave, I was joking. However, I did use NikonViews red-eye removal once or twice. Nikon mentioned that they fixed a few bugs, so maybe it works now on AMD-64 and P4 without tinkering with DEP or Hyperthreading? Perhaps even some performance improvements, as Dan mentioned? Any speed improvement is most welcome.

13. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    NC 4.3 is still way too slow on my machine. I'm really liking the new Camera Raw in CS2.

14. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I tried the red eye in NC 4.3 and it works pretty well. The "Automatic" found and removed almost all the red eyes in one shot where several people had red eyes (looked like a group from Village of the Damned). In Manual mode it also does the same, but you have to select each subject one at a time.

It did seem to be a little faster than the 4.2.1 was.

15. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    I once used NikonView's automatic red-eye removal on a picture I took of my kids birthday, when they blew out the candles on the birthday cake. The cake had a rim of strawberries, they turned black after using automatic red-eye removal. Of course, the manual mode worked like a charm and is a really convenient solution for that. (Well, with my SB-800 I rarely need to bother with red-eye removal, so for me it's less of an asset now.)

16. Heiko,
    Glad you said you were kidding cause I was really starting to wonder. :^)
    I really have no problems with my 4.2.1 version and since they primarily probably worked on the data execution issues I will wait and see if there are other underlying improvements before I upgrade. I do not seem to have any problems with the speed of mine, and I am not sure they made any changes in this area or not. would be interesting to know.

17. Heiko,
    Glad you said you were kidding cause I was really starting to wonder. :^)
    I really have no problems with my 4.2.1 version and since they primarily probably worked on the data execution issues I will wait and see if there are other underlying improvements before I upgrade. I do not seem to have any problems with the speed of mine, and I am not sure they made any changes in this area or not. would be interesting to know.