Capture & Nikon View with 64-bit Windows XP

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by joecolson, Jul 10, 2005.

1. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    Has anyone tried installing either Capture or Nikon View on a system (or partition) running Windows XP Professional X64 Edition (64-bit)? Most 32-bit applications, including Photoshop CS2, reportedly work with the 64-bit version of Windows. Just wondering whether Capture and NV do. I'm beginning to experiment with the 64-bit OS running on a second partition (dual boot) on my PC.

Joe

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I read a post somewhere recently to the effect that Capture does not run under X64 and that Nikon had no fix at this time.

3. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    T

Thanks John.

4. IxLr8

IxLr8 Guest

Been there, done that, doesn't work :(

5. icetraxx

icetraxx

May 7, 2005
    Louisiana
    I got it to work in xp compatability mode. I was having trouble with drivers working also. I went back to 32bit XP until more support and good drivers are available.

6. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    Thanks guys. I'm running dual-boot (XP Pro and XP Pro x64) so I can use either OS. Although there are not many drivers available for hardware like printers and scanners, most motherboard and PCI card manufacturers have come out with 64-bit drivers (some in beta). Photoshop CS2 and Adobe Bridge work fine on the 64-bit OS. Nikon software seems to be problematic.

7. Ruffles

Ruffles

May 5, 2005
    Rexburg, ID
    Didn't work for me either. That combined with the lack of 64 bit printer drivers forced me back to 32 bit windows :(.