Capture nx-d and nx studio on mac air m1

Hello everyone,

Currently I’m using Capture nx-d on Windows 10 but I’m on to have the new Mac Air M1. I’m wondering if the software is compatible with this new osx as the website says it’s only compatible with
  • macOS Big Sur version 11
  • macOS Catalina version 10.15
  • macOS Mojave version 10.14
but the new Air’s operating system has a simple MacOs name.
I’ve learned that the new NX Studio runs on this new MacOs but it’s so new I don’t know if it’s worth to use it instead of the nx-d and I got used to nx-d and really like it.
What are your thoughts about these?

The 13" M1 MacBook Air, the 13" M1 MacBook Pro and the M1 Mac Mini all run on Big Sur, which is the current version of MacOS. Even if whatever software you want to run on it is not yet native to the M1 silicon chip platform, it still can be run by using Rosetta, which is available to be downloaded as needed. I don't use Nikon Capture NX-D but I would assume it can run on an M1 machine with Rosetta. Since you have apparently learned that the new MX Studio IS native to the M1 machines, to me it would seem most logical to install and use that.

The 13" M1 MacBook Air, the 13" M1 MacBook Pro and the M1 Mac Mini all run on Big Sur, which is the current version of MacOS. Even if whatever software you want to run on it is not yet native to the M1 silicon chip platform, it still can be run by using Rosetta, which is available to be downloaded as needed. I don't use Nikon Capture NX-D but I would assume it can run on an M1 machine with Rosetta. Since you have apparently learned that the new MX Studio IS native to the M1 machines, to me it would seem most logical to install and use that.
Thanks for your response! Yes, since then I came to the conclusion that the most logical step is to install the nx studio (like how you said also) rather the capture nxd as probably that’ll be the next step from Nikon anyway.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom