Capture NX-D doesn't open TIFF's anymore in Photoshop

Hello, new to this forum but hopefully find an answer to my question (searched a lot but couldn't find anything....yet).

My 'problem': Working for years with Capture NX-D and never had any problems. Do some changes to a file in NX-D and then export as a TIFF to Photoshop. Since a couple of days that is.

Suddenly, out of the blue, NX-D stopped doing this. After loading the file for 98% I got a pop-up with the notification (tried to translate it in English as my native language is Dutch):

"The file-types of one or more files are not supported and can't be converted. Only the files in classifications which are supported by Capture NX-D will be converted en opened in the application".

I have:
- Re-Installed the latest version of NX-D
- Re-Installed the latest version of Photoshop
- Re-Installed the latest NEF-codec
- Emptied caches
- Relocated the cache-location

NEF-files which I opened previously can't be opened now. If I choose the option "File-conversion" I can converse the NEF-files to TIFF's without any problem. If I set the option to open the file as a JPG it does work, but if I choose TIFF (8 or 16bit) it suddenly stopped working.

Anybody?

My NX-D and Photoshop CC are both up to date and I have no problem with my latest Z6 files being sent to Photoshop using "Open With". Look at the Register details - is that OK?

What has changed since you last used it - have you updated anything - OS, Windows etc?

DG

Thanks for replying, but I think I have found the solution.

I have a couple of harddisks in my pc and divided them in several partitions. One of the partitions didn't had a lot of free space anymore so I removed some files to create more space,...and......problem solved.
Could be logical if that partition was:

1) Related to the cache of NX-D
2) Related to cache/scratch disks of Photoshop

But both isn't true. So why a shortage of space on 1 partition makes NX-D not opening TIFF's anymore, I don't know but I think the problem is gone now.

Capture dumps the TIFF into a file on your HD as well as opening it in PS. On my Win 7 machine, that file is "my pictures" and every week I have to go in and delete stuff I'm done working with. TIFF's are large files and eat up HD space very quickly.

@Baywing, in my case Capture doesn't dumps a TIFF in 'My Pictures'. Probably this is a setting you have chosen (or done automaticly by Capture during the install).

Hello, new to this forum but hopefully find an answer to my question (searched a lot but couldn't find anything....yet).

My 'problem': Working for years with Capture NX-D and never had any problems. Do some changes to a file in NX-D and then export as a TIFF to Photoshop. Since a couple of days that is.

Suddenly, out of the blue, NX-D stopped doing this. After loading the file for 98% I got a pop-up with the notification (tried to translate it in English as my native language is Dutch):

"The file-types of one or more files are not supported and can't be converted. Only the files in classifications which are supported by Capture NX-D will be converted en opened in the application".

I have:
- Re-Installed the latest version of NX-D
- Re-Installed the latest version of Photoshop
- Re-Installed the latest NEF-codec
- Emptied caches
- Relocated the cache-location

NEF-files which I opened previously can't be opened now. If I choose the option "File-conversion" I can converse the NEF-files to TIFF's without any problem. If I set the option to open the file as a JPG it does work, but if I choose TIFF (8 or 16bit) it suddenly stopped working.

Anybody?
FYI. I have had many times not been able to load in Capture NX-D tif files saved by other programs. After some trial and error, I believe it is the way some programs save some types of metadata in the tif file that differs from what Capture NX-D is expecting. In other words, Capture NX-D is less robust and adaptible to work with other software.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom