Capture NX Upgrade In Canada?

Hi. I'm hoping someone here from Canada can answer a question for me.
I recently bought a new camera and much to my surprise, NX has no support for it (I won't get into what my reaction to that was :rolleyes:).
Anyhow, I noticed B&H has an upgrade to NX2 but no one in Canada seems to have it (and Nikon Canada doesn't even list it).
My question is, will the American upgrade work with my copy of NX purchased in Canada?
I can't really see why it wouldn't, but then again, this is Nikon we're talking about here.

In my opinion,it should work fine,
but check with nikon canada first-
maybe they do sell the upgrade version
but it's not appears on the site.

in case of upgrade-you'll need
both cd keys for the installation.

also,the location is more important
when downloading the software updates.

Well, the good news is, there's an upgrade available directly from Nikon Canada.
The bad news is that it's $40 more than B&H and they say the U.S. version is incompatible with mine.
I'd still like to hear from anyone who can prove them wrong.
If not, as much as I like NX for its ease of use (I don't do a lot of PP), I guess I might finally have to learn PS or Lightroom (passed up $100 off on the latter at Christmas because I thought NX was all I'd ever need :mad:).

I can't speak to the upgrade stuff, but a Canadian license number will work with an American download of CNX2 or the reverse.

I've never opened my CNX2 disk. I download the most current version and if needed just use the on the cd package.

As far as country stuff goes, I've found if you have a Canadian version installed the next upgrade needs to be the Canadian version. Or, you can un-install, and then install any version you want.

Again, this doesn't refer to the upgrade from NX where you have a previous license for that product. However, I don't personally know why it wouldn't work, as long as you do things in the right order.

So my point is, buy the American upgrade license but leave the disk in the package. Download the Canadian version of CNX2 and do the upgrade. Then type in the American upgrade license. Should work.

I'll keep that in mind and thanks for the suggestion.
I enquired at B&H and the rep said he thought it should work too, but couldn't (wouldn't) say for sure.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom